Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

New Buy..12' VXR

Hey...
    Just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie to the forum. I just purchased a 12' Yamaha VXR last week and couldn't be happier. As a previous owner of a Kawasaki 1100 ZXI, I'm very pleased with my new ride and look forward to many years of fun riding. I bought the Ski last week and immediately drove it to the lake. After about eight years since I sold my Kawi, I wasn't sure what to expect.....and boy was I pleasantly surprised! Although my 1100 was no slouch when I owned it, this Ski just wouldn't give my arms a rest. At the end of the ride, my girl and I were giggling(well maybe she was screaming) and grinning ear to ear! Certainly much more of a machine than my 1100!

Anyway...glad to be here and riding again!!

BTW...What's the best website to but accessories and such? My dealer just doesn't seem to carry much inventory.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome and congrats on the new ski..

+1
    Congrats and welcome! I know a lot of Yamaha dealers dont stock accessories in store, I would just look for the yamaha accessories you want online at yamaha.com and then just have your dealer order them for you. For performance mods check out pwcperformance.com

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Congrats and Welcome to The Forum........Good choice on the Ski......

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/
    helps support this Great Forum and you get a 10% discount on most Riva and R&D Products....Just remember the Discount code is GreenHulk.....

Ok......seems like I've spent a crapload of green on tube, dock guards, ropes and just had to get new PFD's. I'm looking for some good transom tie downs another dock guard for sure. Seems like the rope I bought drags in the water a bit and creates an annoying splash to the face(according to my daughter) as well. You guys have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamasixx View Post
    Ok......seems like I've spent a crapload of green on tube, dock guards, ropes and just had to get new PFD's. I'm looking for some good transom tie downs another dock guard for sure. Seems like the rope I bought drags in the water a bit and creates an annoying splash to the face(according to my daughter) as well. You guys have any ideas on this?

Thanks!
    Not sure about the rope dragging in the water causing a splash... but check this out: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59284

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Ummmm....why is there a rope dragging in the water when under way?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Ummmm....why is there a rope dragging in the water when under way?
    I dunno...it seems to drag a bit at the tip of the wake. I've towed in boats many times, but this is the first time in a PWC. Maybe to long of a rope?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamasixx View Post
    I dunno...it seems to drag a bit at the tip of the wake. I've towed in boats many times, but this is the first time in a PWC. Maybe to long of a rope?
    It sounds like you are riding with your bowline still attached to the Bow of the Ski. While underway I would not have a rope tied to either the Fore or Aft Hook. if that rope gets sucked into you pump, it could really cause some havoc (like wrapping around the impeller / driveshaft). JB

+1
    Welcome to the club!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information