Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The "red" ski

The "red" ski

Hey guys, I thought I'll start a thread on my conversion, it is the same one that hydro built...(the red rxp/gp/rxx whatever! I just call it the red ski. Anyhow, I'm doing lots of changes as it is going to take a lot to get it where I want it.. My goal is a solid 95mph set up, so far.. Water leaks, high idle, and some other things that need to be completely changed are in the way. So first thing is this damn waterleak.. I have stripped the whole rear end from the j pipe to the pump to make everything completely watertight, but while I'm doing that. The way the exhaust has been set up is not the best. So I'm completely redoing the whole thing into a thru hull like duke/rxp244 have done, I'm new to all this but I have a good idea of what has to be done,
    first I am shortening the waterbox, is there anything I should worry about in terms of waterbox size? Reason why I'm shortening it is for space to create the loop for the thru hull.

I also have a small leak in my jpipe, can I remake the jpipe out of aluminium? Or does it have to be stainless steel for heat purposes..?

I will post pics of what I'm doing, and hopefully step by step we can make this bad boy run wild..
    heres a pic of when i took it out the first time only to pack it up from a water leak thats pissing me off i cant find it.. hence why im stripping the whole rear end..
    rami
    w[ATTACH=CONFIG]274556
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	274556  

Also, I have installed a les Cooke manifold, it was a really tight fit due to the top deck.. But ever since I installed it, idle is at 2300rpm, and after one rev it sits at 2600-2700
    It doesn't appear to have a leak.. What could this be?

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Rami post up more pics of your ski.As for the idle check the orings on the manifold where it matches the head.An other point will be the rubber flange behind the throttle body!Check your idle step motor also!

+1
    are the leaks only when you are running? or do they continue when stopped?

Will get pics of it coming along, No leaks when it's not out of the water only in the water.. It's not a small one either, within 40 minutes I had 5 minutes of water coming out of the bungs, when I took off the pump, waterbox and everything in the rear I did find what could possibly be the problem. The air line for the mechanical tabs was not sealed at all, and not only not sealed, it wasnt airtight so that will be my first job right after the new exhaust setup get put in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rami_13b View Post
    Hey guys, I thought I'll start a thread on my conversion, it is the same one that hydro built...(the red rxp/gp/rxx whatever! I just call it the red ski. Anyhow, I'm doing lots of changes as it is going to take a lot to get it where I want it.. My goal is a solid 95mph set up, so far.. Water leaks, high idle, and some other things that need to be completely changed are in the way. So first thing is this damn waterleak.. I have stripped the whole rear end from the j pipe to the pump to make everything completely watertight, but while I'm doing that. The way the exhaust has been set up is not the best. So I'm completely redoing the whole thing into a thru hull like duke/rxp244 have done, I'm new to all this but I have a good idea of what has to be done,
    first I am shortening the waterbox, is there anything I should worry about in terms of waterbox size? Reason why I'm shortening it is for space to create the loop for the thru hull.

I also have a small leak in my jpipe, can I remake the jpipe out of aluminium? Or does it have to be stainless steel for heat purposes..?

I will post pics of what I'm doing, and hopefully step by step we can make this bad boy run wild..
    heres a pic of when i took it out the first time only to pack it up from a water leak thats pissing me off i cant find it.. hence why im stripping the whole rear end..
    rami
    w[ATTACH=CONFIG]274556

did you buy hydrojunkie's ski???

+1
    i was asking just because you could tilt the ski on the trailer towards the back and fill the rear of the ski inside with water and then look underneath for leaks. i have solve many leaks this way.

I done That twice but did not find anything which was odd, even if I did it would of been hard to access from the location of the exhaust and also the pump etc, filling up the ski was the first thing I done, and I thought I missed something so I done it again.. Anyhow, once the ski is back from fabrications I can start going over all the possible factors.

+1
    The high idle is an air leak in the manifold...

I was thinking that ink, I guess one step at a time to figure it all out. I hope I'm wrOng but

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information