Vancouver, BC

Exclamation o4 gtx s/c killing battery

I just bought a 2004 Seadoo gtx a couple of months ago from a dealership in the States and imported it into Canada. When I picked it up they had just put a new battery in it because the other one was dead. I didn’t think much of it at the time. I got it home took it to the lake, crazy cold btw, and made sure it ran an expected. It did.

So a couple of weeks later I take it out again and the battery is stone dead. 4 volts on the multimeter. Went to the store got another brand new battery when i hooked it up i got a couple sparks and heard something turn on there is no key in the seadoo at this time

I started to try and figure this out. When the Seadoo is sitting there, ignition off key out, I can hear the fuel pump spool up for a fraction of a second and the tops valve cycle then I hear a solenoid type sound from the engine shortly after. This happens every 30ish seconds. I have to take the fuel system fuse out to get the fuel pump to stop and the computer (MPEM) fuse out to stop the engine from gurgling.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
    Could be a faulty dess post.

Thread Information