Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Carb help on 94 750

Finally got the slt running, well at least in the drive way. Took it to the lake this morning and it would not start in the water. Now I know the carbs are clean and have no obstructions and the diagphrams are good. Im wondering if the low and high speed adjustment might cause this? It runs rough dry but I figured the carbs may just need a little adjusting and figured I could do that a little better on the water...

Did you rebuild the carbs? And when your at the lake did you try starting the ski before you are unloading in the water? Like start it up then put it in the water?

Yes The carbs were rebuilt. I didn't try having it running while putting it in the water. I did however start it at the ramp unloaded then tried to refire. It would only fire for a brief moment then die. pulled it out brought it home and it fired right up in the driveway.

is your low speed screws adjusted out enough, sounds like starving for fuel

Quote Originally Posted by crustbuster View Post
    is your low speed screws adjusted out enough, sounds like starving for fuel
    If it was starving fuel he wouldn't be able to just fire it up out of water.. Right?

it runs rough dry, but wont run on the water? head gasket leaking? Did you check compression?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crustbuster View Post
    it runs rough dry, but wont run on the water? head gasket leaking? Did you check compression?
    Not sure what your rpms are, but the idle speed of 1250 rpm is in the water. If you are getting that on the trailer, the load of the water will immediately cut it in half or lower... My skis idle in the mid 2000s out of the water to get the right speed in the water..... If this sounds like the case, crank down that Idle adjustment screw.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    Not sure what your rpms are, but the idle speed of 1250 rpm is in the water. If you are getting that on the trailer, the load of the water will immediately cut it in half or lower... My skis idle in the mid 2000s out of the water to get the right speed in the water..... If this sounds like the case, crank down that Idle adjustment screw.....
    Yes, idle screw could be part of the problem. But if the idle screw was not even screwed in at all, you could still fire up the ski giving it gas with the throttle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Yes, idle screw could be part of the problem. But if the idle screw was not even screwed in at all, you could still fire up the ski giving it gas with the throttle.
    True, if in fact he tried working the throttle to start it....

compression is good in the 120 range on all three cylinders. low speed and high speed screws are set at specs that were found here. I tried working the throttle to get it to start. It acted as if it werent getting fuel but after cranking for a few seconds it would fire and immediately die again. I also have replaced the fuel lines and made sure the factory return restrictor is in place. I also noticed it was wanting to spit fuel back thru the carbs. Does anyone know how much gap there should be on the reeds?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information