Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Lets talk rider postion/ trim levels/ throttle control for racing

Having some issues with high speed cornering in moderate chop.

Most of these settings will vary cause its all about the riders preference, Just wanted to see what you 300X racers are running the trim level at in Moderate chop (Closed Course Racing) and severve chop. what your body position is on the seat for corners and how are you sitting /standing for the straights.

In moderate chop i set the trim level set 2 below the middle setting, In terms of corners I find if i sit too all the way to the front of the seat the back end becomes a little loose. The mid part of the seat seems to be the sweet spot on the 300x? I only stand up on the straights if its super choppy but 8/10 times im sitting down. Im also having a problem coming fast into turns with severe chop. I can get the ski to turn coming in at 1/4 -1/2 throttle then reaching the apex i give it full throttle, but depending on the wave size and direction the ski sometimes catches a "edge" and plants itself in the corner loosing all momentum.

+1
    Was just talking to a freind that races a 300x and he said its cause i disabled the KSS i say thats bogus lol what you think

+1
    KSS is a joke... and makes racing REALLY awkward. As far as how to race your Kawi, all I gotta say is everyone is different. My boat will turn as hard as I can hang on... and them some. Too many variables to give ya an answer. Also as a competitor I don't think I would. : )

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTilt429 View Post
    KSS is a joke... and makes racing REALLY awkward. As far as how to race your Kawi, all I gotta say is everyone is different. My boat will turn as hard as I can hang on... and them some. Too many variables to give ya an answer. Also as a competitor I don't think I would. : )
    Fair enough =) Seeing we are both in R1 what class do you race? My boat also will turn as hard as i can hang on but the ski will plant itself on occasion if the waves are severe my corner speed is still very fast just trying to improve my riding thanks and i hope to see you at the races.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    1st thing I will say is WEDGES

do you have them

and New outter plates and R&D or RIVA backing plate

Waz

Thanks waz i appreciate the input. Arent wedges targeted for the offshore rider? And what outer plates are you reffering too? Sponsons? And backing plate ? If you read my sig you will see my mods im assuming your reffering to the ride plate? I have the R&D plate and grate combo and prefer it over the TBM combo setup i got a few weeks back. I have no issues sharing my mods and riding stlye etc cause in the end it all comes down to rider talent. Hope we can all learn and help eachother get faster on our 300's

Banned User
    +1
    Yes lifter wedges will help immensely for cc to. For cc only new sponsons like warren said one with a metal backing plate so they don't flex. Lots of variables on set up thought.

+1
    I loosened up my ski a little these last races and was actually faster. Next races are on a lake as big as my ego with seas to match. I will alter my setup again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra300x 702 View Post
    Fair enough =) Seeing we are both in R1 what class do you race? My boat also will turn as hard as i can hang on but the ski will plant itself on occasion if the waves are severe my corner speed is still very fast just trying to improve my riding thanks and i hope to see you at the races.
    I raced Novice and Amateur Stock R/A last year, this year I'm renting out my ski at WF, so I'm gonna race whichever class it doesn't get rented in.

+1
    Are you coming to the Sparks race?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTilt429 View Post
    I raced Novice and Amateur Stock R/A last year, this year I'm renting out my ski at WF, so I'm gonna race whichever class it doesn't get rented in.
    You HAVE to race Novice stock this year.

To the OP
    Rider position.... First place
    Trim level..... Depends on plate, grate, water conditions, level of ski performance
    Throttle control.... Hold it WOT for the entire course except IF you have to pop it to set up a turn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information