Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

65u Riva ecu ( purple box) set up tips needed/ porting or v force reeds and Ada head?

Hey guys so I opened up my electrical box and found out I have a Riva ecu!!! I was extremely stoked because I know how rare these are. I looked at the settings and it seems the person that set it up kept the stock settings pretty much. I would like any tips to set it up right. I set it up to the example on the box Max 7800 rpm and Riva mod 1.
    Any tips or help is greatly appreciated as always. Next week hoping to get v force 3 reeds and either send jugs out to the Judge to be worked or get v force reeds and ada head. What should I do first?

+1
    You don't need to raise RPM limit unless you have the motor to spin it ...cause it's won't help. Second....MOD 1 is plenty for stock to mild compression.."150-155psi".....and pump gas. There's no gain by additional timing unless your running race fuel....

M

+1
    Thanks for response! I'm not really sure what setting mod1 is. Is there s manual I can download to help me set it up better. I'm debating sending the cylinders out to be ported by Tim Judge next week or getting v force reeds and Ada head first. Not sure think I'm going with the judge first and new pistons so I will have a new ski basically. Do I need to true and weld the crank also? I'm reluctant because I've never pulled the crank on a ski. Is there a special tool to remove the flywheel? Thanks for the help I really appreciate your advice.

Joe

+1
    Yeah I can send you the manual for the CDI. It's pretty basic... Ya have to ask yourself what your plans on the engine. If your going to be spinning bigger RPM with porting ...you will want to have TJ true/weld the crank up...if you porting for bottom end power...then you will be okay. All depends on the goal. I can't say I seen amazing results with the VF3's on my old ski....which was a pretty healthy ski. I had TJ ported cylinders, VF3's, 46mm carbs, 155 psi port matched intake, exhuast mani...Riva CDI, ADA head, etc etc.

M

+1
    So u weren't that impressed with the v force reeds? In that case I might just get a set of boyseen reeds less than half the price of v force

+1
    Gains yes.....but woth the money gains...not sure. They do provide faster response down low...and when you hit it you feel it a tad faster but stock reeds work very well too. IF you have the money and want the absoulte most power...then buy them.....however, they won't gain you 15hp if ya get my drift.

M

+1
    Thanks for clearing that up mike. Well I got big news. I pulled the head today and jugs and the cylinder looks really worn and the head had a bunch of corrosion and some debris blocking up the cooling veins. The pistons show sone wear but all the rings move freely. The head seems to have a little pitting not too bad though. Gonna send the jugs and crank and head out to the judge next week. Now I gotta get the crank out.I've never pulled a crank before so I'm a little intimidated but I know I can do it. I'm guessing I need to pull the motor out and flip it over to get to the bolts. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as always. Also I need to know what size jets and n/ and springs to use, gOnna have to go up a size on the bore also cause the cylinders look worn out. Thanks again.

Joe

+1
    1. Should have pulled the engine and then the coupler off before you pulled head/jugs. You will most likely need the tool to remove the PTO coupler...usually they are tight. You can try a chain wrench too...
    2. The debris blocking the passage ways...are you sure your not referencing the anadode or whatever it's called to prevent corrison?
    3. Seals---use only OEM seals....nothing but...and either Yamabond or 3bond 1211 sealer to assemble cases.
    4. Make sure you pressure test...should hold 10psi for 10min after all together. You can make a kit to test "what I did/done in the past" pretty cheap.
    5. jetting....TJ will give you that based off what your porting is.
    6. you should also check squish once together and have cylinders decked....well worth it.
    7. Just bore .5mm over ...that will take ya to 84.5 and leave a few more bores left.

+1
    I'm new to this. How do I check squish clearance ? And I'm not sure exactly how to pressure test the motor after I'm done.

+1
    Thanks again mike for all the help. It's greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information