appliance epoxy on lower hull?

has anyone done this with decent results? I'm thinking about using gloss appliance epoxy to cover the yellow, lower hull of my HX.

DFW- Tx
    Did use this on my kawi 750 with good results. Only thing is it takes a while for it to dry where its rock hard. Had mine in the sun for a week. Make sure you sand and prep well.

Cool. I'm going to do it over the winter, so it will have months to dry. I'll set up a little paint booth in the heated garage and let it sit!

spray with gel-coat..

Quote Originally Posted by KYHI View Post
    spray with gel-coat..
    I can try this first. If it doesn't work out I can always go gel. You're looking at a $500 difference in price,

$70 a gallon...

you crack me up.

Check out the Por-15 products.....they work awesome on painting over gelcoat and much tougher than other products.

Brigantine, NJ
    good thing with the appliance epoxy you can touch up worn spots real easy the next time. not sure how durable it is for whole hull if you beach it and trailer it etc, but you can redo a few scuffs in a year or 2...
    spraying gelcoat is not that easy to do if you dont have the equip and never done it before.
    if you go with the epoxy, make sure your fiberglass is all fixed up no gouges etc fix and seal and smooth out the hull first, then just use the epoxy for a finish coat.

Thread Information