+1

riva flame arrestor ques

Just installed a riva flame arrestor kit on my 99 gp800 and don't know where to set the needles at.I jetted the rear carb up to a 157.5 to match the front carb the motor is pretty much stock except for having a primer kit with the butterflies for the choke removed and the head was slightly milled and both cyl are at almost 150 psi and I run premix and its run at sea level from what I can find online most say 1 1/2-1 3/4 on the highs but I'm unsure where to set the lows or if I just leave them where they are at

+1
    have you adjusted the pop-off pressures in the carbs?

+1
    Pop off pressure is at stock setting.my ski is a weird kinda deal,its my first ski I bought it last year and never seemed to even notice,but for as long as I have had it (almost a year) it has never had a cover on the airbox,th was always the back cover and the stainless mesh and I thought that was how they were since there is very little room for a cover ,I didn't find out til recently there was supposed to be a cover and once I found out I bought a flame arrestor kit for it instead of the cover.I havent run it with the f/a kit yet but was previously running it with the lows at stock setting which is #1 2 1/4 and #2 1 7/8 and the highs were at 1 1/2 turns out and plugs looked proper but you could see the rear was slightly leaner due to the 155 main jet but it ran great .so now I got both carbs jetted to 157.5(I have read pro tec recommends it) and I'm guessing the open air box was prob somebody's ghetto flame arrestor experiment so maybe I can just leave the carbs where they are at and do a few plug chops

+1
    I read on a Rica forum when researching to set at 1 1/2 on the highs and and 1 1/2 on the lows but I'm I'm kinda wondering if that's a mistake since stock is 2 1/4 on cyl 1 and 1 7/8 on cyl 2, why would I have to lean out the low screws

Thread Information