Thread: Random RPM loss 2007 rxp HELP
06-15-2012, 10:36 PM #1
Random RPM loss 2007 rxp HELP
Alright guys. I've been having a random rpm loss. I have a 2007 RXP. First time I noticed this rpm loss the ski had a stage 1 with a 4inch intake. The second time it had the stage one but with s3 and 42s, real rich, ran it like this once. Next I put my fizzle cooler ski has ran mint for one ride no rpm loss or nothing. 8100 all day long. The fourth ride I go on this happens again it lasts about 2-5 minutes where it will run like crap when I hit the throttle, idle seems fine, top rpm when this happens is about 6-7k. But within a few minutes it will eventually slowly come back and runs 8100 again no problem. This has happened three times in the last four rides. All this has been within the last four weeks. the ski has 92 hours. Today the ski got a top speed 76.2 with stock ecu, stock rideplate (holes not filled yet),opas ,fizzle 4" upfront, fizzle ic, s3 charger, 42's. riva wedge,riva grate, riva free flow exhaust. and that was after the rpm loss. The ski seems like its running good 90% of the time. the other 10% this bs.
06-15-2012, 11:31 PM #2
Sounds bizarre, it'd be worth changing the plugs IMO, then you can go from there. Maybe you have a coil that is playing up intermittently?
06-16-2012, 10:29 AM #3
Is that possible for the coil to do that? I'm throwing in new plugs before the next ride.
Any other ideas guys?
06-16-2012, 10:31 AM #4
change plugs for sure..... give me a call.....
06-16-2012, 11:28 AM #5
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- GREECE ATHENS , NAXOS
07-18-2012, 01:31 PM #6
Well it happened again guys. I am up to 106 hours now and its happened once since my last post, partially my fault (I think). I personally think its something to do with me taking on water. First time it happened we got absolutely pissed on half way through the ride, we had to idle back to the launch it was raining so bad. When I had the launch in my sight I hit the throttle and slowed down once I got close, and it happened. The next time it happened I rode for a little bit and pulled the seat and noticed there was a good amount of water splashed all over the place. I kept riding. At the end of the ride my ski it had done it again after I (slowed down). After that h2jim did a little work to my ski which included checking my siphon tubes, since the tubes were cleared I have had NO water in the hull since. (thanks jim)
Anyways.. this passed sunday while I was waiting for my buddy to arrive at the launch I was messing around with the ski. I have been doing good restraining my self on spin outs and shit since I started modding. I had gotten so bored ripping my buddies lake which was tiny, so I buried the front end once, and bam, no boost. Anything over like 3 or 4 thousand rpm the ski would fall on its face and want to die. I didn't want to end my day throwing the ski on the trailer and having a headache the whole drive home.. So I tried buzzing around the lake for a while hoping the ski would come back to life and yep, it did. Slowly came back. I took the ski out the next day and it ran mint. No issues. May I add when it ran shitty I got a 12v low when I shut the ski down. When the ski started working again it didn't come back and nor have I had a 12v low warning before. Electrical? I run a 4" kanafex with filter and pre filter, who out there is a running a pre filter over there filter. Could a "wet" pre filter starve the engine of air? My fizzle filter IS in a spot where it can get wet, I'm trying to find a little bit of kanaflex to extend it where water could not go near it. I also forgot to add in my first post. This rpm loss has never happened before I removed the plastics underneath the storage tray, also thats when I installed 4' kanaflex with filter and pre filter. Prior to this I was running a Riva 3" also with a pre filter and never had any issues.
Any input would be great.
07-18-2012, 04:13 PM #7
1. stop doing spins.. go wavejump with drew if you want that and if you need hooked up to candoo i can do that for you... check your fuses up front.. you ride hard.. maybe one of the 30 amp fuse became dislodged in the casing.. this maybe your 12 v issue...
2. pull your charger and inspect it.. check bearing and slip... if you ride hard.. you have to keep up on the maintence or BOOM.... let me know ill be up this weekend angelo
07-18-2012, 04:38 PM #8
07-18-2012, 05:46 PM #9
Sounds like you are ingesting water. This will cause the ski to run crap for a couple of minutes.
As you mentioned, you need to relocate the filter so that it is in a sheltered area and adjust your riding style a bit.
07-18-2012, 05:49 PM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)