Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

wich impeller is better for an 1996 seadoo xp

Hi, I got an '96 seadoo xp 800.

I got a race coming up and I'm going to compete in the stock class.
    I'm allowed to swap the impeller, and since mine is worn out I want to replace it with a solas impeller.
    For my craft there is the concord and the Xprop. Both are recomended for my craft. But now wich is better for a beter low end and for racing. The xprop or the concord??
    I do my riding always in rough water.
    Any help is appreciated,
    Greetings from Aruba

I like the XO but it's more of a top end prop without loosing anywhere else. You sound like your looking for the Skat 17-22 swirl. It pulls harder and likes rough water better with the possibility of loosing a couple mph up top being the only downfall. I have not yet had a concord from Solas so I can't speak on that one.

+1
    thx Matt, I'll look into that one. It's the extra pull I'm going to need. I also heard that the solas XO prop has a breaking effect once you let the throttle go so you can make the turn better. I don't know if its true. For now the race is going like a drag race and later in time closed course, but the skat trak sound good.

+1
    A member Pale Rider had some 17/22s for sale not sure if he still does send him a PM. I used a swirl on a 97 GTX and it did hook well in the low and in chop, my solas XO wasn't too bad out of the hole, mid good but more top end...but didn't like chop.

never mind he sold them!

It depends on the mods to your ski. I have a '97 SPX which is the same thing as your ski. When I put the XO prop and R&D 85/88 nozzle on my stock ski, I lost a ton of power down low and it didn't gain a thing on top. I am putting 43 cc ADA heads/ rossier pipe/ ecwi kit/ k&n s and bored it to take 84 mm pistons and it takes all this to pull an XO. With the mods I have I was told that a Solas X1 may be more suitable for my ski because it pulls less than 7250 rpms and an XO is for a ski that pulls over 7300 rpms. If I were you I would stay with a stock impeller if your ski is not highly modified.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoolball23 View Post
    It depends on the mods to your ski. I have a '97 SPX which is the same thing as your ski. When I put the XO prop and R&D 85/88 nozzle on my stock ski, I lost a ton of power down low and it didn't gain a thing on top. I am putting 43 cc ADA heads/ rossier pipe/ ecwi kit/ k&n s and bored it to take 84 mm pistons and it takes all this to pull an XO. With the mods I have I was told that a Solas X1 may be more suitable for my ski because it pulls less than 7250 rpms and an XO is for a ski that pulls over 7300 rpms. If I were you I would stay with a stock impeller if your ski is not highly modified.
    Mine is completly stock. Other then beach house sponsons and I used a RnD aquavein intake grate its bone stock. I broke the intake grate, so I'm going to order a new one. I'm planning in the future to add an factory spec I pipe and a head. I'm lookin actualy for a bracket for the oem manifold that will hold an aftermarket flame arrestor. I heard without this bracket the intake manifold will break.

I would call watercraft magic out of CA if i were you. There number is 626 914 9509. Bill O'Neal is the X4 110 guru and helped me on my setup. I chose the Rossier pipe b/c it is safe to run on pump gas w/ hi compression heads. I am not sure if you can run a Factory spec 1 or 2 w/ hi compression heads and still run reliable on 93 pump gas. I run a Worx intake grate b/c it doesn't scrub off any top speed, but I am not sure what grate is the best for a buoy course. Two items that you need to get if you can is an ecwi water injection kit for your pipe and a set of R&D 3 degree trim tabs. These parts are discontinued and are becoming harder and harder to find, but they make all the difference in the world. My K&Ns have a bracket and I love them b/c they sit up a little higher off the carbs and get cooler, drier air than most setups I've seen. Nothing else is like driving a modded X4 110.

+1
    I ran a xo no other mods to my ski. I tweaked it a bit and ran 6980 rpms at 54.1 gps On a big ol heavy GTX....Years later.rejetted, f/a, 97 spx waterbox, 54.8 at 7140 rpms in Florida heat. Holeshot wasnt bad, mid good, top end good. Good all around for me. Skool you may need to pitch
    /tweak your impeller.

i have a 1996 seadoo xp. i run a coffman spec one pipe with water injection. i have an after market head made by west coast performance (no longer making watercraft parts) a skat trak 16/24 impeller. extended R&D nozzle. adjustable sponsons, trim tabs. its a quick ski... i love it

the good choice is skat trak 17/22 swirl! best hole shot better low end

2 cents

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information