Seadoo RXP 215 Maintenance

Hello guys,

I'm new to jetskiing, having only bought the Seadoo RXP at 73.2hrs and having had it out on the water a few times, it has reached 75 hours. Since this, I have noticed that MAINT is the message appearing on the display when I start the jetski up. Is this normal? Is there a 75 hour service interval?

I had a load of work done on the jetski when I bought it. I took it in for a service, to have the supercharger washers done and a few other bits, so ended up spending close to £1200. Then on my first time out on the water, the CHK-ENGINE message came up with the fault code indicating there was an issue with the knock sensor. I had this fixed.

Is there a way of clearing this message, that is if there is nothing to worry about? I mean without having to hook it up to BUDS. I know that there are no fault codes stored in the ECU but what I also noticed is that while running there were three times where there was a long beep that went for 2-3 seconds. On the third time this happened, I noticed the message of FUEL-LO, even though the fuel indicator on the ski was showing up with two bars of fuel remaining in the tank, however much that would be. Can the amount of fuel remaining in the tank often be mis-read?

Thanks in advance to those who are able to help in answering my questions

+1
    only buds (dealer)
    or Can doo

can clear the service reminders. most people just do there own service and ignore the reminder.

I'm not sure that's all it will be. I am thinking that there must be more to the issue of MAINT message I am seeing on the display of the RXP. I put £60 of fuel in the tank before going out yesterday. I knew the MAINT message would still be there but I was hoping to give the ski a good blast around the bay to see whether the ski would bleep for about 2-3 seconds randomly at times where I would see FUEL-LO pop up. Unfortunately I did not get to test for any longer than about 2-3 minutes yesterday.

The ski had stopped working, where it had lost all power. I had spoke to a jetski shop local to me, though they are not a Sea-Doo dealer and the guy said it could be the D.E.S.S Post at fault, or even the key. I had wet the key, tried cleaning the D.E.S.S Post and Key and all sorts while stuck on the water, eventually got swept into rocks just before I got towed back in by my stepdad who was also out on his boat.

When I left the bay, before breaking down yesterday, I had noticed the warning light was flashing, then I pressed the SET button 6 times to reveal a fault code, though can't remember what it was as once the ski had stopped working, the fault code had been lost. I had got the ski running after breaking down also while on the water, the display came on, pressed START then no more than a second later, it stopped again.

When back on land, I got the ski working again so was able to flush it out. Not sure what could be wrong with it or quite know what to do next?

Is the 75 hours a service interval? Whether it is or not, must be something more to the problem than that as the fact it broke down is some warning that it is not quite right. So is it worth replacing the D.E.S.S Post or the D.E.S.S Key?

One more thing, the VTS position indicator was all over the place while on water. I checked this when out of the water and could see the mechanism moving up and down as expected.

+1
    what year is the ski?

You can still see what the fault was with CANDooPro or Buds. It should have stored the fault as Occurred. The display only shows active faults.

I don't have any diagnostics software myself unfortunately so means either a 80 mile trip to nearest jetski shop or visiting PowerSport in Manchester which is about 130 miles from here. Other than that, the guy from Manchester who is a Sea-Doo dealer frequently comes over this way so maybe I could get him to hook it up to B.U.D.S and find out more but it all costs just to find this out.

The RXP 215 is also an 04 model.

+1
    Does it Still have ceramic washers on the supercharger clurches?

When I purchased the ski, the first thing I had done while getting it serviced, checked over etc, I asked for the Supercharger to be done, referring to the well known washers issue. The guy who did the job for me, not a Sea-Doo dealer, replaced the washers with RIVA Racing ones which are metal ones.

Thread Information