05 Seadoo RXP Overheating and Slow Speed

"I need some advise or opions of what might have gone wrong. It has been having an overheating problem. The last time that I rode it when I went pulled the rear plugs from the hull a tiny bit of oil and radiator fluid came out. The coolant was low, actually none in the reservoir. When I pulled the oil out it appeared to have to much. I think coolant got into the oil, But not much. There was no oil in the coolant when I drained it.

The back story is that someone, I wont metion names convinced me that we could pull the motor and put it back. Freshen some things up clean the hull make some misc minor fixes. That was a mistake. Since it was rebuilt it would never get over 60 mph. And overheated imediatly. So, Like I said I am going tyring to get some ideas of what the problems may be and what is suggested to fix it. Maybe is there somone that would be interested in rebuilding the motor?

Anything that you can provide would be grealty appreciated. If you need some questions answered, Please do not hesitate. "

So today I was going to do a compression test to get an idea of what may have happened. It has no oil in it presently, but when I Pulled the spark plugs today they were drenched in OIL. I mean so much that it was dripping off of the plug when I pulled them out. Obviously somthing has gone drastically wrong with head, but does any one have any ideas of a cause, or what might be the best way to fix it. I know I will get great advise here. I am all ears.

Thanks for all of your help....

Brad

+1
    i've seen where the crankcase vent valve gets stuck closed the builds up too much pressure, start up your boat and pull the dip stick and see if oil spews out...

I wish I could but I drained the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by SeadooTech View Post
    i've seen where the crankcase vent valve gets stuck closed the builds up too much pressure, start up your boat and pull the dip stick and see if oil spews out...
    Would this cause oil and coolant to get mixed? Also how do you fix this problem. I tested compression today and it was equal on all three cylinders 145 Psi. I am hopping it is something easy to fix since the motor was just rebuilt; it has not worked right since the rebuild.

How do i go about check the crankcase vent valves???

+1
    I have heard in the past of mixing up the oil and coolant lines at the oil cooler hook ups? Just a thought...Maybe somebody else with more experience will chime in for you

Something to check. That is a start.

Thread Information