Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    52
    +1
    1

    2012 RXT-X 260 break in question

    Picked up my new RXT-X today. Have been on the water for almost 2 hours already. Just want to get past the 10 hour mark!!

    Questions:
    - the owners book doesnt mention anything about a 10 hr service. Is this a thing of the past?
    - the boost gauge isnt reflecting any bars/information... is this normal during break in period?
    - feels like the motor is running a little rough (not a smooth idle) compared to my prvoius RXT 215... is this normal?

    I cant wait to open up the throttle and feel the power


  2. #2
    stuckmoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    1,485
    +1
    59
    You have to wait till around 5 hrs till it will open up. I believe the service is now @ 25 hrs.
    Modulate the throttle during break-in.

  3. #3
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax_Thornhill View Post
    Picked up my new RXT-X today. Have been on the water for almost 2 hours already. Just want to get past the 10 hour mark!!

    Questions:
    - the owners book doesnt mention anything about a 10 hr service. Is this a thing of the past?
    - the boost gauge isnt reflecting any bars/information... is this normal during break in period?
    - feels like the motor is running a little rough (not a smooth idle) compared to my prvoius RXT 215... is this normal?

    I cant wait to open up the throttle and feel the power

    Service is at 25 hrs, I got mine done at 10. I don't have an X ski but since its in break-in mode its prob not giving you much boost at all. It will open up at 5 hours and then you should have some boost. My friends PX idle is rough compared to my GTR 215.

  4. #4
    On the Lake Done Deal DR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    136
    +1
    3
    Everything I've read both here on GH and also in the SeaDoo RXT-X manual shows the first service is at 25 hours. Everything my dealer gave me in regards to service points towards the first service at 10 hours, so I guess they didn't get the memo.

    I'm currently at ~13 hours on my T-X, the boost definitely picks up after a handful of hours and should be full on by 10 hours. I guess you could say it idles a little rough, I probably wouldn't even notice it but the hood has a slight shake to it that kind of tips it off at idle. I've just gotten used to it as the engine feels healthy under acceleration and I shrugged it off as being a byproduct of a supercharged 3 cyl. with the wick turned way up.

  5. #5
    Moderator boataddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,822
    +1
    39
    From Bossweb:
    The excellent reliability of the product and improvements
    in our manufacturing process has led
    us to revise the maintenance schedule.
    For the customers, this will result in more riding
    time between services, especially for the FIRST
    season.
    NEW MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS
    PREVIOUS SCHEDULE REVISED SCHEDULE
    BREAK-IN INSPECTION
    AT 10 HOURS
    REPLACED BY THE
    FIRST 25 HOURS OR 6
    MONTHS INSPECTION
    (including the first oil
    change)
    50 HOURS INSPECTION
    NOW INCLUDED IN
    THE 100 HOURS OR 1
    YEAR INSPECTION

  6. #6
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post
    I guess you could say it idles a little rough, I probably wouldn't even notice it but the hood has a slight shake to it that kind of tips it off at idle. I've just gotten used to it as the engine feels healthy under acceleration and I shrugged it off as being a byproduct of a supercharged 3 cyl. with the wick turned way up.
    IMO, I would take it to the dealer NOW. It should NOT be idling rough as you describe. You may have a loose motor mount, which could wreck havoc with the drive line and pump. This check at the dealer is not just an oil change, they are supposed to check SC slip and all bolts, fasteners, hose clamps for tightness. I would have plugs changed and check coil packs - it should be running very smoothly with 13 hours and hitting 8000 rpm EASY!

  7. #7
    On the Lake Done Deal DR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    136
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    IMO, I would take it to the dealer NOW. It should NOT be idling rough as you describe. You may have a loose motor mount, which could wreck havoc with the drive line and pump. This check at the dealer is not just an oil change, they are supposed to check SC slip and all bolts, fasteners, hose clamps for tightness. I would have plugs changed and check coil packs - it should be running very smoothly with 13 hours and hitting 8000 rpm EASY!
    I think it's just one of those things that's hard to put into context. It's really not rough, like a blown big block with a crazy cam, it still purrs. I just can feel it a bit at idle, but IMO no differently than any of the demo models I rode a couple months back at the demo ride here in PHX.

    I have yet to do a real top speed run, but with my GF on board and just playing around I hit 64 yesterday easily and it didn't feel as though it was letting up. I need to get in the habit of monitoring vitals while doing so however so I actually know whats going on below me. 64 is the fastest I've been up to this point on a ski so adrenaline was messing with me a bit, the only time I can do any sort of high speed runs is early in the morning before all the big boats show up and create nasty chop all over the place. Past about 9am its almost impossible to get much faster than 50 on our lake.

  8. #8
    They are def rough compared to a 4 cylinder.
    I have ridden a 07 RXP, 11 Wake 155, 11 RXTX A/S , and a 12 RXPX.

    All of them were rough compared to my Honda , but its harder to balance a 3 cyl.
    Just the nature of the beast.

  9. #9
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    Like I said, if your not seeing 8000 rpm and near 68-69 mph pure stock, you are underperforming!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    52
    +1
    1
    thanks for all the comments...

    I am at the 4 hour mark now. I can feel the "beast within"!! the power is intensifying. The Boost gauge suddenly started working, things seem to be running nicely. When running at 10-15 mph... if i squeeze the throttle full for 2 seconds, i am at 60mph no problem.... the idle feels a little rougher than my 2007 RXT 215 did.... not bad, but more of a "miss" sort of feeling... however, she isnt permorning poorly at all... also, cant see or hear anything loose, and i was jumping 2-3 feet waves for a while.

    oh, btw..... did i say that i just love my RXT-X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 RXP-X 260 break in process
    By pelf421 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 08:36 AM
  2. RXT-X 260 break in question
    By Incorrigible in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 07:47 PM
  3. Rxt is 260 - break in
    By ac1980 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 06:26 PM
  4. break in question
    By sugarman in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 10:09 PM
  5. Yes a 10hr break in question on my 06 RXT
    By 2006 RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 12:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •