Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Queens, New York, United States
    Posts
    5

    300x supercharger low boost psi problems !

    I own a 2011 300X with 40 hours on it.

    Last month I took it in to the dealer, to have it serviced for the summer. I had noticed that the supercharger boost would NOT go any higher than 15 psi.

    The dealer said that they checked the supercharger and belt and it was all normal to hit 15 psi, and that once i got 100 hours on the jet ski then they would need to service it.

    A week later i took it out on the south shore and noticed that the supercharger's boost wouldn't go any higher than 10 psi ! I would only max out about 43 miles an hour.

    When i would "gun it" the 300X supercharger hesitates and max's out only at 10 psi.

    Anyone has any ideas what could it be ? I called the dealer and now I have been waiting two weeks to get an appointment to have it checked out, ... meanwhile I'm losing summer weekends.

    Thanks for any replies.


  2. #2
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    Do you have any mods at all? 15PSI on the dash can be normal. 10 PSI, or just over could be close to normal if you don't have a SCOM

    Check for leaks. Make sure all your clamps are on right and they are tight. They do work themselves loose over time.

    The last resort is a soft BOV spring. I had that. I would get two bars over the 15 mark. It then dropped to around 13. I tightened the spring and got it back.

    Good luck, Mal.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    the last few ski's i have serviced seem to be breaking hose clamps right behind the worm gear dropping about 1 inch of the end off the adjustable strap into the hull, (the unused tail piece) but where it breaks only leaves half of the worm gear engaged, found this on both side of the i/c.

  5. +1 by:


  6. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Queens, New York, United States
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Do you have any mods at all? 15PSI on the dash can be normal. 10 PSI, or just over could be close to normal if you don't have a SCOM

    Check for leaks. Make sure all your clamps are on right and they are tight. They do work themselves loose over time.

    The last resort is a soft BOV spring. I had that. I would get two bars over the 15 mark. It then dropped to around 13. I tightened the spring and got it back.

    Good luck, Mal.
    I don't have any modifications done to it. Thank you, i will check for leaks.

  7. #5
    While you are working on it, you may want to detach and clean the Intercooler. The intercooler gets gumed up with oil over time and can contribute to some boost issues. I dont think that is the cause of only hitting 10 lbs, but could affect it not spiking to 17. Also the dash is not really accurate keep that in mind. But that aside you can usually tell when the ski is having a performance issue by the difference in riding. Do a search there a couple of how to threads. Basic idea is remove the intercooler and clean with brake clean or gas, and dry real well....hope this helps.

  8. +1 by:


  9. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Queens, New York, United States
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by crxin View Post
    While you are working on it, you may want to detach and clean the Intercooler. The intercooler gets gumed up with oil over time and can contribute to some boost issues. I dont think that is the cause of only hitting 10 lbs, but could affect it not spiking to 17. Also the dash is not really accurate keep that in mind. But that aside you can usually tell when the ski is having a performance issue by the difference in riding. Do a search there a couple of how to threads. Basic idea is remove the intercooler and clean with brake clean or gas, and dry real well....hope this helps.



    Thank you, I appreciate ur help , will keep u posted !

  10. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    209
    +1
    2
    The stock worm gear clamps are cheap. I would replace them with constant tension clamps

  11. +1 by:


  12. #8
    do they make the "t bolt" style clamps for the 300?

  13. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    The stock clamps work just fine!!! Just check there all tight they normally only break from over tightening replace you spark plugs as well. The sc is zero maintinence it's not like a Seedoo it ether works or it does not so tell your dealer he's full of it on that one.

  14. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Redd View Post
    I own a 2011 300X with 40 hours on it.

    Last month I took it in to the dealer, to have it serviced for the summer. I had noticed that the supercharger boost would NOT go any higher than 15 psi.

    The dealer said that they checked the supercharger and belt and it was all normal to hit 15 psi, and that once i got 100 hours on the jet ski then they would need to service it.

    A week later i took it out on the south shore and noticed that the supercharger's boost wouldn't go any higher than 10 psi ! I would only max out about 43 miles an hour.

    When i would "gun it" the 300X supercharger hesitates and max's out only at 10 psi.

    Anyone has any ideas what could it be ? I called the dealer and now I have been waiting two weeks to get an appointment to have it checked out, ... meanwhile I'm losing summer weekends.

    Thanks for any replies.
    Mike, what is your gps speed at max boost?

    Did you find a leak?

  15. +1 by:


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD FZR FZS FXSHO ET Low Boost Supercharger Impeller 11.3 psi Brand New
    By prostocker in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 06:02 PM
  2. SOLD FZR/FZS FXSHO ET Low Boost Supercharger Impeller 11.3 psi
    By prostocker in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM
  3. SOLD FZR or FZS ET Low Boost Supercharger Impeller 11.3 psi NEW
    By prostocker in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 09:50 PM
  4. 2007 250x low boost 9-10 psi
    By creativepuzzle in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 10:02 AM
  5. Low boost problem
    By KeithThompson149 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 02:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •