what only coming out of one port

Long story short, i had to remove the exhaust yesterday so i could get to my air filters and once I reinstalled everything, i hooked up the hose, fired it up, turned on the water to let it idle and make sure everything was fine. well water was only coming out of the left hand (port) side exit hole, not the right side. I never really noticed before because i only had the hose hooked up once before but i do know that when the ski is in the lake it comes out both sides. Did I put something together wrong? going out today and need to know if something is not right... please help.
    thank you.

+1
    what year and model?

2001 gpr1200

I've had the same issue.. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. A jetski mechanic told me it works when running hard and the engine is hot. I dont know if that is true or not....But my girls ski had the same issue when on the hose and i rode along side her one day and they all worked. if you are comfortable with it just have someone ride next to you and see. You are still pushing water through the system so you shouldnt overheat.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by churb View Post
    Long story short, i had to remove the exhaust yesterday so i could get to my air filters and once I reinstalled everything, i hooked up the hose, fired it up, turned on the water to let it idle and make sure everything was fine. well water was only coming out of the left hand (port) side exit hole, not the right side. I never really noticed before because i only had the hose hooked up once before but i do know that when the ski is in the lake it comes out both sides. Did I put something together wrong? going out today and need to know if something is not right... please help.
    thank you.
    normal your hose does not have enough pressure, once you take it in the water and ride it you will see it come out.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    normal your hose does not have enough pressure, once you take it in the water and ride it you will see it come out.
    Thanks Jim. I said the heck with it and went riding anyways and came to find that it was dumping out from both ports while in the lake. I figured as much but I just wanted to be sure.

FYI - you can plug up the side it's coming out of - then it will start flowing out the other one. Usually once it starts it will keep going so both will flow.

Good trick especially for flushing after saltwater.

Thread Information