Please help. Need a new SoFla plan "B" quick

Hey folks
    Our Bimini trip looks like it's going to be a flop. We rode out of Miami harbor today to the last buoy today and the waves were pretty tough. They were so close together we would come off the backside of one to nose into the next one. I'm just not confident that it will be substantially better tomorrow morning. Initially our plan "B" was going to be Islamorada but when I started looking into that I saw that they are now having small craft advisory and storm warnings for most of the Keys. Besides with the winds coming in from the East I'm pretty sure the water will be just as rough out there.

Right now we're near Miami beach but either need to extend our reservations or relocate. We've considered going up to West Palm Beach or maybe even up to Destin. We have to drive back to TX this coming weekend so heading North only shortens the drive.

Any suggestions? I'd love to be able to salvage this vacation.

Thanks in advance
    -Brad

+1
    i might be able to ride with you guys on wednesday in Miami not sure if you will be around still though

+1
    There is some great riding on the west coast and that will have you protected from the east winds. Short drive across.

+1
    Panhandle! Port St. Joe all the way to Orange Beach, AL. I haven't finished all the routing for the website, but I can send you what I have if you're in a pinch.

Hey guys thanks for the replies and offers. I came across a reply from theengineer to you cater. He suggested egmont key so we found a place near there. Now I'm waiting to hear back from bimini sands to see if they're going to be extra nice and refund the deposit.

+1

Thumbs up Panhandel

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Panhandle! Port St. Joe all the way to Orange Beach, AL. I haven't finished all the routing for the website, but I can send you what I have if you're in a pinch.
    HI 83Gator
    When do you think you will have your Panhandle web site finished?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    HI 83Gator

Hey Dart,

I made that run with a good friend AKA (Crewdawg) that lives in PC Very nice run, We launched at Hathaway Bridge on 98 theres a free launch on both side of the bridge I used the one heading toward the Gulf. It puts you in St.Andrew Bay, from there you can catch Shell Island before you enter the Gulf. We rode the Gulf to Port Saint Joe it was about 40-45 miles from the launch one way to a restaurant called Dockside along the beach which has food and gas. Once you get there you have already pass up the Intercoastal waterway/Bridge by a 1/2 mile or so, you really can't miss the entrance for it but you have to back track to it from Dockside from there its was pretty straight foward to get back to St. Andrew Bay. But Keep in mind I was riding with a friend from there and I had a GPS. Hope this Help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    HI 83Gator
    Thanks to Billy "4keeps" D., I finished it today: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html Nearly 200 miles of trail.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Thanks to Billy "4keeps" D., I finished it today: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html Nearly 200 miles of trail.
    I'm glad me,Gina,Alex and other friends could help with your great website my friend.

Thanks again Billy for all your hard work you put into the Jetski community.

+1
    Thanks, William. It's the best that I can do for all that the forum has done for me. There isn't one member on here that wants me turning wrenches for them. Heck, I just finally got that damn super charger "reverse" bolt back after the last Maurepas ride. That damn thing was really hung up under the block. LOL.

Thread Information