Aftermarket Seadoo fuel line

Working on a 1996 Seadoo SPI and wanting to replace fuel lines so any info on aftermarket fuel line NOT SBT would be great thank you................

Just go down to your local Autozone or O'Reilly's and buy some regular gas line, like a buck a foot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by John L View Post
    http://fastflowfuellines.com/Home_Page.php .... good products and service
    Had those for a couple years and now they are no longer flexible, but still holding up for now.

The price for the product is awesome!
    But wanted almost $100.00 to ship to Canada! F! That!

Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Had those for a couple years and now they are no longer flexible, but still holding up for now.
    When they are no longer flexible, then they are getting brittle and should be replaced - Before they fail..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_Man View Post
    The price for the product is awesome!
    But wanted almost $100.00 to ship to Canada! F! That!
    I ordered a ton of fuel line from them way back in the winter. The shipping calculator quoted me a hugely inflated price for shipping to Florida. I called him and he gave me a much, much more realistic price. He apologized and said that the shipping calculator isn't correct. Call them.

I removed auto store, black fuel hose from both of my 1996 XPs that I purchased in January. Even some of that fuel line was stiff. Being that it was automotive fuel line, even though it was stiff, I'm sure that it would've held up fine for many years but most of it was too big and it looked terrible. The Fast Flow stuff looks great, is easy to work with and I like being able to see the fuel in the lines.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KYHI View Post
    When they are no longer flexible, then they are getting brittle and should be replaced - Before they fail..
    Not as flexible when new, their fine. Plus I sold those skies.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I use shields brand marine line exclusive. Not using "A1" rated line is looking for trouble ( which is easily found). Auto fuel line may "work" but in hull temps and opportunities for abrasion can exceed what that line was designed for. A1 rating handles ethanol and abrasion far better then an automotive line does. You're talking a cost of perhaps $50 to use the right line and I for one sleep better knowing that not only can the correct line stand up to the rigors of in hull existence, but would also stand up in any court of law for any reason.

Once you have a look at the construction of the line, you might wonder what you were thinking using anything else.

I will say it does require some careful measurements and it's not anywhere as forgiving as some of the alternative lines ont eh market...but you'll see by examination that PWC do not have to follow Coast Guard regs for fuel systems ( which is why we don't have bilge blowers on skis, even after a few unfortunate detonation accidents from poorly maintained fuel systems and other faults.

Quite a few of the newer skis indicate to remove seats while fueling..a piss poor excuse for the lack of a proper bilge venting system

Thread Information