most reliable pwc

It seems seadoo and yamaha are the most popular, seadoo being slightly ahead possibly?
    But which one is more reliable, cheaper to maintain. I have 4 seadoo's to fix right now, mine being one due to sc washer failure. Are the new ones less pron to such catastrophes? Just curious!

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    I'd guess any of the N/a models. My 2K6 GTIse130 was seemingly bullet-proof.

i would have to agree the N/A models would be more reliable and less maintenance but no where near as fun, as to brand to brand reliability that could be argued back and forth to the end of time

I would have to say seadoo messed up a little while with the ceramic washers and unique valves. But that's my only experience with seadoo. Thy all seem to be about the same as far as modding and speed per dollar, and I agree more hp is more fun and more $

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon4879 View Post
    I would have to say seadoo messed up a little while with the ceramic washers and unique valves. But that's my only experience with seadoo. Thy all seem to be about the same as far as modding and speed per dollar, and I agree more hp is more fun and more $
    Yamaha has their issues too, just like Kawi etc... Every brand has flaws and issues with it. To each his own on the decision part.

+1
    Not creating any arguments and I actually laugh at all the fools here who are so brand prejudice and argue with one another who cares get a life if I had cash coming out my rear end I would have one of each of the top brands they all have something to offer...any way back to topic not just because I own one but the Yamaha VXR/S will get you the speed and reliability since we are talking N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    i would have to agree the N/A models would be more reliable and less maintenance but no where near as fun, as to brand to brand reliability that could be argued back and forth to the end of time

just like mentioned all have flaws, me personally i ride yamaha, not that i wouldnt ride anything else but i do have a lot of confidence in their reliability and they usually are top notch from dirt bikes to pwc to cars to boats they have a great rep for good reason.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    VXR/s STX-15F, Ultra LX, or GTI 155/130

All of them should be good for over 300 hours

take your pick on shape

Sean

9. +1 by:

GZA

Regarding reliability , I'm in an area where there are often plastic bags about in particular areas and also in an area where it takes me 3 hours to drive 60 miles , or 12 hours to take a ferry 50 miles after all is done and said , so i'm surrounded by islands with trash in the water and trying to figure out which on would be least likely to clog up or overheat , the Yamaha V-1 is the best value and I discovered that the guys who own one go for the Sea Doo and all of these models are available . I may try to free dive , scuba and pull an inner tube behind one or I'm more interested in transportation than going fast and so forth . The guys here seem to be more comfortable working on the V-1 , mostly trying to avoid getting stranded at sea and I'll carry a radio and cell phone ( coverage intermittent ) . Long winded and thanks

Thread Information