STX-15F Display Failure

I've been out twice this year on my 2004 STX-15F. The first time i noticed that my MPH wouldn't read other than 0 MPH. Other than that all was well. When i put itr back on the trailer I gave the little paddle wheel a spin and it rotated freely. The second time I took it out the MPH still read zero but also noted that a couple of the dots on the PRM curve didn't show. Below 3000 was OK and above 6000 was ok but the intermediate steps remained blank. Before the end of the day the whole display went blank. No graphics and no data. Just the blank screen, as if the ski had the key off.

Anyone else run into this problem? What are the risks of using the ski while I keep an eye out for a replacement display? Obviously I need to keep an eye on fuel quantity but right now the ski runs fine. Just no display data. Are there any feedback loops to the ECU that will make it die while I'm out riding it?

Anyone parting out a 12F or 15F and have a display to sell?

+1
    Has it gotten wet? (i.e. did you flip it over?)

If so, you might be able to safe it by removing it, removing the rubber plug from the back, and warming it up with a hair dryer.

Flipped it once 2 years ago. Actually I'm not even sure it realy flipped. Just had three people on it and we all fell off. The ski probably didn't even get upside down.

How does the assembly come out? Does it just pry out from the dash?

+1
    No it doesn't just pry out. There is a bracket behind it that holds it in place and you have to take the bolts out from inside the cowling to remove the display. If I remember correctly you have to remove the bars to make it easy access.

Also there is no plug on the back of the meter to dry out with a hair dryer.
    If really flipped it 2 years ago, the corrosion took a place way beyond drying it out or repair.

Sorry I cant help. The display on my 2004 STX 12F just failed as well. I'm looking for instructions or tips on how to remove it as well as looking for a used display. If you have removed your meter, I'd appreciate any tips. Do you need to remove the handle bars? etc....Thanks for any assistance.

+1
    Removing the bars makes it easier but if you want to work without being able to see you can just loosen the cowling and work under it I believe.

Thread Information