Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    stevend135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Waunakee WI
    Posts
    185
    +1
    3

    2011 seadoo gti 130se?

    Hi, need some info on purchasing a gti.
    Test rode one today, WOW what a difference all around compared to my spx!!!
    Stayed dry and sliced right through the chop sitting down, usually have to stand.
    The ibr is nice when docking and even tried the brake.(Don't see it getting used much)
    Topped out at 54 (speedo) can i expect 55-56 once broken in?
    Wondering if this is a fair price.
    He wants $10,014 OTD
    $8800-ski
    $625-trailer is including a seadoo cover also.
    Think I could get a better price?
    It has had the timing chain recall done, I prefer one that hasn't/needed it done, this something I should worry about?
    thanks


  2. #2
    jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    374
    +1
    11

    solid ski !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by stevend135 View Post
    Hi, need some info on purchasing a gti.
    Test rode one today, WOW what a difference all around compared to my spx!!!
    Stayed dry and sliced right through the chop sitting down, usually have to stand.
    The ibr is nice when docking and even tried the brake.(Don't see it getting used much)
    Topped out at 54 (speedo) can i expect 55-56 once broken in?
    Wondering if this is a fair price.
    He wants $10,014 OTD
    $8800-ski
    $625-trailer is including a seadoo cover also.
    Think I could get a better price?
    It has had the timing chain recall done, I prefer one that hasn't/needed it done, this something I should worry about?
    thanks
    Hey there. Not sure on the pricing, but I can tell you I own a 2011 GTI 155 Limited, and it's AWESOME!!! Very solid ski, great power, stable hull design, but also nimble, great storage space.

    As for the Timing Chaing Recall - I had mine done last year at low hours and I've got over 50hours on the new chain, no issues. There was also a recall where they should have / may have installed a black splash deflector on the bow just below the lip of the trunk hatch, and reinforced the inner shell of the hood door . As for the speed; I consistantly get 92km/hr (57mph) by the speedo and the same with my Garmin GPS.

    Good luck and enjoy the GTI !!
    Cheers.

  3. #3
    em-dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    440
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by stevend135 View Post
    Hi, need some info on purchasing a gti.
    Test rode one today, WOW what a difference all around compared to my spx!!!
    Stayed dry and sliced right through the chop sitting down, usually have to stand.
    The ibr is nice when docking and even tried the brake.(Don't see it getting used much)
    Topped out at 54 (speedo) can i expect 55-56 once broken in?
    Wondering if this is a fair price.
    He wants $10,014 OTD
    $8800-ski
    $625-trailer is including a seadoo cover also.
    Think I could get a better price?
    It has had the timing chain recall done, I prefer one that hasn't/needed it done, this something I should worry about?
    thanks
    I paid 10,500 out the door for mine last year so i think you could get him down another $500 for last years model.
    Mine does 55(gps) all day long with my daughter and myself on it

  4. #4
    em-dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    440
    +1
    7
    The dealer should have already done the timing chain replacement if it was a recall # but there were not that many. You may want to check on the front hood hatch recall

  5. #5
    stevend135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Waunakee WI
    Posts
    185
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by em-dubya View Post
    I paid 10,500 out the door for mine last year so i think you could get him down another $500 for last years model.
    Mine does 55(gps) all day long with my daughter and myself on it
    Hi, is your price with a trailer and TTL included?
    I can drive away with it for 10K includes caravan trailer and seadoo cover.
    Says he can't move on the price?, what do you think?
    They installed the splash guard and did the timing chain recall.
    thanks

  6. #6
    em-dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    440
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by stevend135 View Post
    Hi, is your price with a trailer and TTL included?
    I can drive away with it for 10K includes caravan trailer and seadoo cover.
    Says he can't move on the price?, what do you think?
    They installed the splash guard and did the timing chain recall.
    thanks
    No my price was for the ski. I bought a Icatch trailer from a dealer in Fla that was closing down.
    If you can get the trailer/ski and cover for 10k out the door thats still a good deal. Which color is it? the Red or Black one?

  7. #7
    em-dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    440
    +1
    7
    You could also try to get him to throw in some stuff like a couple of cans of silicone spray
    How long of a warranty are the offering on it right now?

  8. #8
    stevend135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Waunakee WI
    Posts
    185
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by em-dubya View Post
    No my price was for the ski. I bought a Icatch trailer from a dealer in Fla that was closing down.
    If you can get the trailer/ski and cover for 10k out the door thats still a good deal. Which color is it? the Red or Black one?
    Hi, it's the black one wanted red can only find 2012 in red.
    Seadoo is offering 2year limited warranty and up to $500 rebate.
    Will try to haggle on price or get some extra's included.
    thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steering column on 2011 Seadoo GTI
    By Faflux31 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-29-2017, 01:54 PM
  2. Best cover for a 2011 Seadoo GTI?
    By Xspook in forum Shops, Tools and Tricks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-14-2015, 01:18 PM
  3. 2011 Seadoo GTI 130 Oil Filter Cap
    By Fast in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 09:42 AM
  4. Help!! Need color code for 2011 seadoo gti se 155
    By steve76s in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 07:23 PM
  5. 2011 seadoo gti turbo
    By hydrojunkie in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •