Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

94 slt wanted back from last years death

Still dont know what Im doing w my wave runner. Im in California and hav'nt seen anyone on here close. I really want to get moving on this engine before it sits another winter under the tarp. Last summer I demolished one of my pistons ( Long story). Anyone know of a good reliable shop close to San Francisco north bay area. I need my engine rebuilt or a good price on another engine. Anyone have any idea how much this project will cost me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0546.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	274953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0547.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	274954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0548.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	274955   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0549.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	274956  

Damn, that is gonna be a fun project. For pistons I'm sure you can find a cheap one from a member on here or John Zigler might be able to sell you one. What else is wrong?

The piston had a pile of material on the top I used a vacuum to get it off and sucked a hole in the piston,I think the piston rod is Loose also. (Hard to remember I pulled the engine at the end of last summer) thought I seen a hair line crack in the crank case last year but could.nt find it today. I could just buy a canister and piston and see what happens or pull the crank no way to know if something is still in there. Im not an expert and dont want to waste $. I have pics In my attachements from last summer but Im not a good computer guy either.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    By you letting it sit, that crank is now rusted and shot. So you're most likely looking at a crank and 1 piston at the very least. Plus you need to find what caused the piston to fail in the first place and remedy that.

Were any of the fuel system upgrades done to it recently? If not, you need to factor that in.

How do the other 2 cyls look now? If they're rusty, prob going to need all 3 pistons and cyls done.

Realisticly, you're looking at $800-$1k to repair that engine or get another one after all the shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    By you letting it sit, that crank is now rusted and shot. So you're most likely looking at a crank and 1 piston at the very least. Plus you need to find what caused the piston to fail in the first place and remedy that.

Were any of the fuel system upgrades done to it recently? If not, you need to factor that in.

How do the other 2 cyls look now? If they're rusty, prob going to need all 3 pistons and cyls done.

Realisticly, you're looking at $800-$1k to repair that engine or get another one after all the shipping costs.
    If you want to look into the crank and make sure its not shot, do it. Thats what I would do, especially if you left it just sitting underneath a tarp for a year.

If cyls and pistons are bad, then I'd say thats 100-200 dollars off the back.

If you haven't upgraded to the triple fuel pump, that is a MUST DO.​ I know you don't want to be replacing pistons and possibly cyls again if you do bring this thing to life.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post

Yup......I would just plan on a full rebuild if you want to have any reliability out of it at all.

Flywheel looks nasty too, You should have taken it apart and oiled it down if you were going to let it sit.

"OK" How do I get the crank out? If it looks good can I just put it back? Is there a way to clean it without taking it out? Can I cleanup my flywheel by sanding it or removing the rust?

+1
    Big Job,
    Even if you purchase a new engine you will need to do the carb rebuilds, fuel pump, lines , selector valve, leak down test, ect.
    use your search function and start reading.

Polaris pwc knowledge.... this one has a ton of information. http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/
    Flywheel removal

I been driving around looking in fields and checking craigslist ebay etc etc... Got a guy comming over this week to help me gonna pull the crank and see were Im at most liklly gonna bring this engine back to life . Whats the best site to buy all the gaskets and do the bearings come with the kit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information