Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    +1
    Anyone other than dukenyc seeing a slow down of speeds after modding? He contends that modding the VXRs makes them slower. Anyone else seeing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Anyone other than dukenyc seeing a slow down of speeds after modding? He contends that modding the VXRs makes them slower. Anyone else seeing that?
    Not exactly true. A better question is who has recorded the speed stock, on a broken in machine, and then recorded the speed after 10-20 hrs with the intake/ exhaust mods and actually seen a gain.

Who knows exactly what the ecu does with the fuel maps in response to "more" airflow?

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

+1
    Oh, you are suggesting they weren't fast to begin with? I thought you were saying that you actually saw someone mod a VXR, get faster, then get slower.

Oh, you are suggesting they weren't fast to begin with? I thought you were saying that you actually saw someone mod a VXR, get faster, then get slower.
    One had a GPS numbers stock, at 12 hrs, and then right after the mods. He said he gained 1.5mph. A month later, with 24hrs, he was back to the stock speed. This season, over the weekend and yesterday, he is 2-3 mph slower than where he started.

The other two didn't test before modding. They claimed the boat got faster after mods. The GPS shows them to be slower, than the two stock ones, but I have no data on whether or not there was an actual gain or loss, because they didn't test an d scientifically compare, just seat of the pants, it must be faster because I modded it...

Sounded great though. Well, from what I could hear out in front of him...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dukenyc View Post
    One had a GPS numbers stock, at 12 hrs, and then right after the mods. He said he gained 1.5mph. A month later, with 24hrs, he was back to the stock speed. This season, over the weekend and yesterday, he is 2-3 mph slower than where he started.

The other two didn't test before modding. They claimed the boat got faster after mods. The GPS shows them to be slower, than the two stock ones, but I have no data on whether or not there was an actual gain or loss, because they didn't test an d scientifically compare, just seat of the pants, it must be faster because I modded it...

Sounded great though. Well, from what I could hear out in front of him...
    Weather plays a major role in power..

+1
    So you are saying that modding makes them slower than stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    Weather plays a major role in power..
    HUGE ROLE !!!!! during the winter i was getting 70 flat @ 50degrees, after some more mods i'm getting 70+ on a hot 90 degree summer day with 90 degree water temps, still have some setting up to do, i'm trying for 74/75 mph this summer....

So you are saying that modding makes them slower than stock.

You are oversimplifing, I am saying what was written. That boat lost speed after 10+ hrs with the intake and exhaust. You can't generalize, and temperature does make a difference.

My question still stands, though.

Who has recorded the speed stock, on a broken in machine, and then recorded the speed after 10-20 hrs with the intake/ exhaust mods and actually seen a gain.

Who knows exactly what the ecu does with the fuel maps in response to "more" airflow? Do you know that it adds more fuel? Or do you think it just runs the engine lean?

+1
    You are oversimplifing
    Gotcha.

Who has recorded the speed stock, on a broken in machine, and then recorded the speed after 10-20 hrs with the intake/ exhaust mods and actually seen a gain.
    I have. And will be able to provide more info in a few weeks on post mod speeds.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytunk View Post
    Jerry,
    Is that 12/19 skat true pitch or did you tweak it?
    I tweaked it. You will ALWAYS get more speed out of a tweaked prop than you will an out the box prop. There is no "one size fit's all" impeller for every ski out there. This is why you must fine tune your impeller (tweak it) to get optimum results on your particular ski.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information