Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RXP won't restart at times

My '06 RXP will fire up everytime on the trailer when launching...I'll idle it about 20 yards,kill it , go park the truck & come back to ride & it just turns over...and over and over. Like there's no fuel. I Had full tanks both times this happend the last 2 times out. After a while of cranking it will sput & beep, hit start again & it sputs & beeps. Then it will crank & fire up like nothing happened. The only time it has done this (2 times) was the exact same scenario. From trailer to shore then restart no workie. I even let the rxp sit while I rode the gsx for about 20 minutes & it still wouldn't fire unless I was cranking continously.

any ideas? Loaded up?

Highly unlikely its flodded HIGHLY .. Loose batty cables? Corroded at all? bad stop start switch? low volts on the batt itself .. plugs? when is the last time u changed the plugs? how old is fuel?

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    start by switching batteries on the skis to see what happens...then move on...

An intercooled rxp should be around 58 psi on the fuel pressure gauge im preetty sure , thast what mine was last i checked ... You could do that to eliminate fuel concearns but id save that for after the easy things

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    My '06 RXP will fire up everytime on the trailer when launching...I'll idle it about 20 yards,kill it , go park the truck & come back to ride & it just turns over...and over and over.

any ideas? Loaded up?
    happened to me a few times and others too. i believe the starter relay and the idle solenoid are the 2 possibilities. and i dont think either is very expensive to replace. but as others said, check the battery first.

oh yeah...I remember a starter relay being an issue a little while ago. Good second place to check. I think I remember someone, I think Shibby, saying the relays are only like 35 bucks or something too...

+1
    But wait, It cranks no problem It just doesn't fire up. After I get it fired up it's good to go all day.. If it was the relay it wouldn't crank. The battery might be an issue. Maybe too low & not spinning enough?

oh...yeah....darn....my bad, time for bed....

+1
    If you crack the throttle and it don't crank it's not the idle valve. More than likely it's the cam sensor, or plug. If you take the lanyard off and put it back on does it crank.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    If you crack the throttle and it don't crank it's not the idle valve. More than likely it's the cam sensor, or plug. If you take the lanyard off and put it back on does it crank.
    Yup it cranks after I pull the lanyard. It cranks all the time. When it gives a sign of trying to fire it gives a spit & hiss & I have to hit the start switch again to try again. Does that make sense?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information