Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help Choosing a Prop

I have a 2009 FZS with 38hrs on it... Current Mods... R&D intake grate, R&D cavitation cone, removal of manifold ribbon (riva), Riva through hull exhaust, and Riva intake. My plans are to get a tune on it down the road (increase the rev limiter, etc), but really looking at a prop with a good hole shot and my goal is to run at 75mph (for now). Down the road I might get into the motor or supercharger, but with the mods I have I know its obtainable. Anyone have any good experience with a prop and similar setup. What do you all think would work great for me

Please let me know, and thanks for the help!

Thanks

Mark

+1
    With those mods I would suggest bending the stock prop to keep off the limiter and wait till you add more boost to do an aftermarket prop. Just my opinion though!

What techniques are you all using, looks like the prop is stainless, are you all heating it up and then bending (will it make it very brittle). I rather just put a new prop in and have it be complimented when I increase the psi.

Thanks

+1
    I don't think you can hit 75 with the mods you listed... especially on the stock rideplate. I hit 74.9 with the mods in my sig and I can run 73 all day. I have had wonderful success with the skat swirl 13/20 I am currently using. It was originally a 13/23 but I repitched it. If you don't feel comfortable repitching a prop yourself, have Impros do it for you, or a forum member as well. If you are going to eventually get a reflash or new SC wheel, I would advise you to stick with the stock prop for now and then once you do the reflash/ SC mod reevaluate your ski/ rpms.

Here's a few good threads for your reading: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20995

Mike, thanks for the info. Looks very easy!

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZSTizzy View Post
    Mike, thanks for the info. Looks very easy!
    If i were you i will go with a R3 or Vtech reflash and leave the stock wheel, VX Plate and 13/20 or 13/16 re pitch stock prop, you will be around the speed you deserve, Note that all this have been my set up with INTERCOOLER.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    If i were you i will go with a R3 or Vtech reflash and leave the stock wheel, VX Plate and 13/20 or 13/16 re pitch stock prop, you will be around the speed you deserve, Note that all this have been my set up with INTERCOOLER.
    Sounds like a plan to me! Im not trying to hit 80, just want my penis to hit my belly! Haha

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZSTizzy View Post
    Sounds like a plan to me! Im not trying to hit 80, just want my penis to hit my belly! Haha
    buAHAHAHHAHAHAH to be honest the best mod you will ever buy is a REFLASH man difference is crazy in acceleration and top end, Get an intercooler if you got some xtra $$$.

+1
    buAHAHAHHAHAHAH to be honest the best mod you will ever buy is a REFLASH man difference is crazy in acceleration and top end, Get an intercooler if you got some xtra $$$.
    +1 if you want to get to 75 you will need a reflash and intercooler, go with r3 and a fizzle i.c, repitch your prop, you will almost certainly have cavitation , if so invest in a tbm cone.

+1
    I think you made a typo on the prop pitches 13/20 or 13/19 not 13/16 Tommy Jordan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information