Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Ceramic GPR pump bearings ?

Yes they are here !!!

A couple of months ago, Jerry had a company make some ceramic bearings for the SeaDoo superchargers.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15509

When I read about it and the advantages, I sent him a set of GPR pump bearings. Well today they arrived. First of all, the entire weight of the bearing is much less than the stock bearings. Also these new bearings spin forever with out any drag or roughness of any kind.

Quote: Those of you that know about ceramic bearings already know the benefit. For those that donít hereís a quick rundown.

Ceramic ball bearings are 60% lighter in weight and are rounder than steel balls resulting in 40% less friction and heat. Ceramic balls have an improved surface finish compared to steel balls and because of these differences ceramic bearings run cooler and have a lower amount of thermal expansion.

Steel ball bearings are not perfectly round and actually have tolerance variations between 50 and 60 millionths of an inch, where a ceramic ball will only have 10 millionths variation so they run truer in the race.

All of these benefits enable ceramic bearings to out live steel bearings 5 to 1. In identical running conditions, the ceramic balls show less than 10% of the wear of steel balls.

I have been talking to lotís of racers about the benefit of ceramic bearings. Some of the drag bike guys report gains of 3 mph in the quarter from using ceramic wheel bearings. Some of the dyno freaks see gains of 3-5 hp increases on bike engines from using ceramic crank bearings. With the ceramics creating less friction and being cooler running the benefits would be tremendous. They might even free up some extra horsepower too.

I am going to set up another HO pump with these new Ceramic bearings. I plan on going to the water and testing back to back with my other pump,
    same prop, and same type bearing lubricant. Hopefully these new bearings will turn more rpms and yield quicker acceleration times.

These new Ceramic bearings are available exclusively thru the online store.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/

The new Ceramic GPR pump bearings cost $160.00 for the set.

I am excited and will be testing these very soon. I will keep everyone posted with the results.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ceramic bearings 013.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	431.6 KB 
ID:	15186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ceramic bearings 014.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	426.1 KB 
ID:	15187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ceramic bearings 003.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	439.2 KB 
ID:	15188  

+1
    Some of the stand up racers are using ceramic bearings for the crank too.

Wow, what next!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Alot of performance turbo builders use ceramic bearings it allows the turbo to spool up quicker for less turbo lag and less heat, They are a plus in my book.

+1
    Man, that was an interesting read. I would definately like to know the results. Thanks for the info WFO. Will Jerry have these in stock? Or do we order straight from the manufacturer? Will they also be available for seadoo 951 pumps?
    SHOOTER

+1
    Guy's, once you hold a set of these in your hands and spin them you will be blown away.

Jim is right, all the major turbo and supercharger manufacturers use these in their equipment.

Im anxious to see if Richard see's any performance improvements by switching to these bearings. If they look good then i will start a pre order for those of you that want them. I have to meet a minimum quantity amount before i can place an order for these thru the manufacturer.

Thanks!
    Jerry
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 01-24-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Guy's, once you hold a set of these in your hands and spin them you will be blown away.

Jim is right, all the major turbo and supercharger manufacturers use these in their equipment.

Im anxious to see if Richard see's any performance improvements by switching to these bearings. If they look good then i will start a pre order for those of you that want them. I have to meet a minimum quantity amount before i can place an order for these thru the manufacturer.

Thanks!
    Jerry
    I'm sure there worth it,just wondering if a large enough order would bring the price down
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 01-24-2007 at 10:16 PM.

+1
    It would have to be an extremely large order and even then they would only discount the price slightly.

These big ceramic pump bearings are not cheap, but seem cheap in comparison when compared to the tiny bearings we use in the 4-tec superchargers that retail at $135 for the set.

+1

bearings!!!!

Man oh man!!! i wish i would of seen this yesterday,,i just ordered a 2006 gpr pump and all new bearings for it,,,i still want to hear the results though and also my cases and crank are out of the ski,,it would be nice to get all ceramics for the crank as well.theres got to be some benefit from using these on the crank too.

+1
    There is a big benefit from using them on the crank. Bike tuners see 3-5 hp increases on the dyno from switching to ceramic crank bearings.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information