Back pack or camelbak for the ski?

I love my wave raider and want to go on trips to nearby islands or just longer cruises with my girl friend and my storage area is non existent on this ski, i keep an extra thing of oil/water tight box with debit card id and registration and then a rope to dock with etc and its completely full and in accessible when your sitting on the ski(have to remove seat to get to it) so i would like something MAINLY for water, been looking at camelbaks and similar ideas or water proof back packs and just wanted to see if anyone else uses such things. Pics and/or links to products or what you "made" would be helpful. Thanks.

+1
    Demented, a place for everything, in it's most abstract form, can be found here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117108 It might be overkill, but it works for me and others and not just for fishing. Many options & modifications can be made for this rack for just about any ski.

PS: For extended trips (depending on where you're located) - check out my website below.

def checking out your website, ill consider a rack of some sort although id prefer not to do that to my raider hehe but if its the last option ill see if i can make something easily removable that doesnt hurt the finish of the ski..im in the process of filling all the bolt holes im not using so its sleek and clean looking for paint soon! also not a whole lot of room on the raider..

just went over your trails and see one coming soon for Tampa Bay which is where i am, definitely interested although not sure i can make the distance of those trails..being on an older 2 stroke thats premix makes it a little more of a pain to go that distance, not sure exactly how far i can make it on a single tank just yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by demented View Post
    def checking out your website, ill consider a rack of some sort although id prefer not to do that to my raider hehe but if its the last option ill see if i can make something easily removable that doesnt hurt the finish of the ski..im in the process of filling all the bolt holes im not using so its sleek and clean looking for paint soon! also not a whole lot of room on the raider..

just went over your trails and see one coming soon for Tampa Bay which is where i am, definitely interested although not sure i can make the distance of those trails..being on an older 2 stroke thats premix makes it a little more of a pain to go that distance, not sure exactly how far i can make it on a single tank just yet.
    One thing about my rack; it's a ratchet on/off job. No holes, nothing to drill or hardware to perm. attach to the ski. Kind of like the ski wearing the backpack. But I understand if it's not for you - it's not for everyone. Other than guessing you had on older smoker (2 stroke), I don't even know what [manufct.] a Raider is, LOL.

Yes, I'm working on several trails in SoFL. Tampa, so far, is the biggest w/lots of BIG water. I've really been going over the trails while trying to merge 2 diff. sets of tracks so folks will have options. As you might have noticed from other trails on the site, each trail (if I can find the data) has all local ramps/landings, marinas, food/beverage stops, fuel stops, and local key POIs (island and sandbar hangouts). Once I get it up (soon, I hope) please feel free to comment back if I have something wrong or missing. And don't sweat the premix. Find a trail that offers something worth seeing if it's less than half a tanks ride. (Hmmm, is there a couch in your future...? LOL)

Good luck in finding a solution to your "baggage" problem.

thanks def appreciate it , and a raider is yamaha its a 95 , great glass water speed demon for its time but the bay does abuse it, i dont mind just pay for it the next couple days haha. As far as a couch in the near future, doubtful, although they are nice for the trips i enjoy the old smaller ski's that are less stable, they often are more joyous to ride and since long trips (for myself) won't be as often as just going out playing, i cant see getting a big ole couch

Again the site looks promising and bookmarked it so i can keep an eye on the Tampa route and will def comment as well, keep up the great work

I was looking for a Camelbak myself but the pricetag on them is redonkulous. I found a knockoff brand at Sam's club for $20. Seems well enough built and the price was right.
    -Brad

yea man they are pricey as shit, might have to get my stop mom to meet me at Sam's to grab one, $20 is much better then $50-100 that i find on the web..How does it fit with a lifevest? any pics..you wear it inside or outside ? Thanks

Thread Information