+1

300x drive shaft alignment?

Has anyone else noticed there 300x drive shaft is not centered in the pump shoe when the pump is removed?
    I was looking at mine today from the rear of the ski and noticed the shaft is Low and left, When you put the impeller splines onto the shaft you have to pick up on the pump and move is slightly to the right to line the pump and shoe up.Seems that would put a strain on bearings. Is there any way to adjust the drive shaft alighnment on the 300x`s?

Yes, you can just a tiny bit by loosening/retightening the 4 motor mounts for horizontal adjustment. And there are 1 mm thick shims under each mount for tvertical adjustment.
    However, the way you check or confirm the centering of the drive shaft is not really accurate or scientific. The front of the drive shaft is somewhat loosely engaged to the rear of the engine pto by the rubber couplers. And the gravity is pulling down the rear end of the drive shaft and nothing is supporting it at the end.
    Do you have any bearing problem?
    If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    Yes, you can just a tiny bit by loosening/retightening the 4 motor mounts for horizontal adjustment. And there are 1 mm thick shims under each mount for tvertical adjustment.
    However, the way you check or confirm the centering of the drive shaft is not really accurate or scientific. The front of the drive shaft is somewhat loosely engaged to the rear of the engine pto by the rubber couplers. And the gravity is pulling down the rear end of the drive shaft and nothing is supporting it at the end.
    Do you have any bearing problem?
    If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
    I dont think so, i got my wife to turn the motor over while i was looking from the rear of ski the shaft turns very true with out the pump in.No play in shaft everything seems to be tight .

Banned User
    +1
    [QUOTE=
    If it ain't broken, don't fix it.[/QUOTE]
    If it ain't broken, don't fix it

Ain't that the truth.

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    To get alignment to the gnat's ass one could adjust/shim as necessary. The verticle is likely just as MG said, gravity, but the main could be fudged to the left a skosh and alignment would be closer.

Thread Information