Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CMD Review

+1

CMD Review

Hey guys,I recently purchased mine from Jerry along with the auto tune, and the black face gauge. I want to thank geowelsh, and Bigdaddy for some of the questions i had along the way.

Installation is simple,im using my stock fuel rail so once everything was hooked up my top engine cover still clipped perfect. I have my CMD and WB2 mounted next to the ECU so once the cover is on, you cannot see anything.

Before this, i was running a Riva ECU with bosch 48's and idle AFR was 10.0. My oil stunk like fuel and i needed to do something fast. After the first time out, my AFR at idle were perfect, set to 13.2. Midrange cruising i was at 13.0 and WOT i was at 11.8. Not one single problem with this unit what so ever. Its a little pricey but its well worth it for a perfectly dialed in machine. I have already noticed fuel economy has increased.

Keith at Dynojet is a great person. He emails you FAST and answers any questions you have. This product is amazing!
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...x&cPath=18_192

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    good to hear that its working for you

+1
    [QUOTE=Slow 91;1966699]Hey guys,I recently purchased mine from Jerry along with the auto tune, and the black face gauge. I want to thank geowelsh, and Bigdaddy for some of the questions i had along the way.

Installation is simple,im using my stock fuel rail so once everything was hooked up my top engine cover still clipped perfect. I have my CMD and WB2 mounted next to the ECU so once the cover is on, you cannot see anything.

Before this, i was running a Riva ECU with bosch 48's and idle AFR was 10.0. My oil stunk like fuel and i needed to do something fast. After the first time out, my AFR at idle were perfect, set to 13.2. Midrange cruising i was at 13.0 and WOT i was at 11.8. Not one single problem with this unit what so ever. Its a little pricey but its well worth it for a perfectly dialed in machine. I have already noticed fuel economy has increased.

Keith at Dynojet is a great person. He emails you FAST and answers any questions you have. This product is amazing![/QUOTE]

Great customer service and response time always goes a long way. Unlike some products that are out on the market now.

Thanks for the review. This product seems to be top notch as I heard the same experience from other forum members.

+1
    Great post, I need to get off my ass and install mine (havnt even seen water this season), I know this is a simple install but have been busy installing a 15K sound system in my F150, 16 speakers, 5 amps etc. etc. so time has been scarce... I cant wait to get back on the water to try out the unit!

I am still a bit confused on the tables as far as setting these up for boost reference over the prefered RPM/TP method. Just looking at the tables for the RPM/AFR/TP method the tables seem to be a little lacking in the area of AFR columns or TP columns to be more specific. Are you guys seeing a nice transitional change throughout the RPM range in AFRs?

+1
    i set mine up off tps in 250rpm increments. very smooth power band and no hesitation or stumbles anywhere.

Donnie, 15k on a sound system for your truck? you trying to make up for areas you lack?

+1
    This is great to hear. The Kawi product will be out soon and to know that we will have a great product with the customer service to back it up sure makes me feel all warn and tingly inside.
    Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

+1
    I set my auto tune delay to 30 seconds, and the initial start up the ski was running 10.0 afr at idle. As soon as the auto tune activated, the ski instantly woke up and sounded 100 times better, looked at the gauge as it was at 13.0 in the matter of seconds.

+1
    id really like to try Vtech flashed ecu with the CMD. I know Vtech has some bugs right now with their tunes, so i wonder if the cmd will clean it all up?

I am running both the Vtech, and the CMD unit. It took awhile to get everything working correctly. With the help of Jerry and Jonaton it is now good. AFR exactly where I want them to be at idle, mid, and WOT. The difference in the mid range acceleration with the Vtech is amazing. Very hot here right now so top speed not as high two weeks ago. Overall very happy with product. In my opinion, expensive, but worth it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    i set mine up off tps in 250rpm increments. very smooth power band and no hesitation or stumbles anywhere.

Donnie, 15k on a sound system for your truck? you trying to make up for areas you lack?
    Thats some funny shit!!, yea all Alpine, Rockford Fosgate (Type RF), and Focal (Utopia Series), Dynomat the whole vehicle, (2) 100 farad capacitors, 5 Optima marine gels, RF circuit breakers, and tons of fricken caples and etc. Its been fun but finally getting close to getting back to the ski (Ole Lady is bitchin for some time on the water).

From the sounds of it I need to simply install the CMD like you guys have and go ride!!!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information