Accurate Oil Level Check F12X Help Needed!!

Ok, I have read until my eyes burn and tried every technique for changing oil and checking the level. I drained 4.5 quarts from the rear of the engine. I then replaced the oil filter and added approximately 4.5 quarts of oil into the engine. Ran the engine, let it sit for a couple of minutes. When I check the oil level it shows very high, you can see the oil inside the filler opening. I extracted about .75 quarts and tried the same level check as before, same result. I let the oil settle over night and checked it from the rear port with the dipstick from the front oil filler. Still show at or just above full mark. Yes, the ski is almost level, about how it would be sitting in the water. Any ideas? What am I missing? Thx

read the service manual...oil level check procedure clearly explained in there.

Quote Originally Posted by kawi-fan View Post
    read the service manual...oil level check procedure clearly explained in there.
    Well, that is a worthless answer, why even waste my time with that response! I do not have a "service manual" or I would have read it! I did read the owner's manual with unsatisfactory results. No thanks to that response, I did figure out what was wrong.

Take it out, warm up several minutes, run the chit out of it for at least ten minutes to get it FULLY hot. Stop in still water. Wait two minutes. Check level at front stick. Done

I build Horsepower
    +1
    If you Read the sticky in the How-To-Do section we are in ... you will find what you need, nothing more.....

Nitro method for checking oil level

"Best way is to level the engine and check the oil after setting overnight with the dip stick in the lower REAR sump hole (by the turbo)"

This will give you the most accurate readings.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    If you Read the sticky in the How-To-Do section we are in ... you will find what you need, nothing more.....

"Best way is to level the engine and check the oil after setting overnight with the dip stick in the lower REAR sump hole (by the turbo)"

Shawn
    Checking the oil at the rear sump hole, does the oil need to be at the high reading mark on the dip stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Guyzza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post

Shawn
    Checking the oil at the rear sump hole, does the oil need to be at the high reading mark on the dip stick?
    I starting using this method approx. a year ago and life is easier now. Make sure that ski sits at least 12 hours so all the oil drains down. Just put the dipstick from the front in to the rear hole and you will find that 4 quarts w/a new filter turns out to be the perfect amount after an oil change. Just use the existing marks on your dipstick for low and high. 4 Quarts w/a new filter should put it right at or right below the high mark on the dipstick.

Thread Information