Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

Clinch River to Melton Dam......June 30 , 2012

Just puttin this out there if anybody is interested....this is some copy and paste from a couple of emails........

Melton Hill Dam is 22 miles up the clinch river off of Watts Bar Lake (Tennessee River). I would like to do the 22 miles up the clinch to Melton Hill Dam, lock through Melton Hill Dam and then ride Melton Hill Lake as far back as Norris Dam, which would be another 53 miles for 75 miles one direction (150 mile round trip for the day). There are marina's on Milton Hill lake so we would need to work out the logistics of where to get gas and how far to ride accordingly.
    June 30th is coming up in a couple of weeks. I just talked to Scott and I think we are planning on doing that ride.

Will put in right off of interstate 40 where the Clinch river meets the Tennessee river. Ride up the clinch to Melton Hill Dam, then lock through, fill up and ride up as far as we can go on Melton Hill lake. Come back then lock back down and ride back. Should be a pretty good day’s worth of riding and the travel distance is not that bad from Nashville.

I know not everyone would probably be able to make it depending on schedule, but the Corp only locks through to Melton Hill Dam a few times each year and its definitely one of the better rides to do. Let me know what you think and what your availability is based on the dates below so that we can get something planned out.

+1
    tomorrow is the day this is going to be a good ride the air will be 100 but that cool water will make it feel 10 degrees cooler, better pack extra ice for the beverages

+1
    Yeah its going to be WARM.....but ill take warm over rain for this kinda ride....150 miles through the mountains.....Im loaded....going to fuel the truck and ski up right now.............

+1
    Well we ended up with 6 skis making the trip (162 miles on my Chartplotter).....Me (Aquaholic6801 on a VXR) Scott (shhr on a FZS) Ron A (on a FZS), Jeff (Nashvegas on a SHO) Bill (on a FZS) and Kevin (on a SHO?)......Started off at 9:00 am at the Clinch River in Kingston Tn.....Rode up about 23 miles and Locked through Melton Dam then rode to the end ( as far as we could go) of the Clinch River...where we started at the water temps were in the upper 80's , when we got to the end of the Clinch River (Melton Lake) the water temp was 55* and crystal clear you could see the bottom in 15 ft of water.....Downloading a teaser video.....this is where we launched, more to come....Scott also has some footage.....

+1
    sounds like it was a great ride !!!!

+1
    Here ya go..............

+1
    Was a real fun ride! Was some crazy stuff hitting the 55 degree water in 105 degree weather. Made the feels like temperature about 70 degrees.

My contribution to the pics

Headed up stream

55 degrees!

Total miles:

+1
    Heres another teaser......SMOOOOOOOOTHHHH .....................

+1
    Nice! Kinda looks like a yamaha a test ride event out there though. Lol

Thread Information