Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    R5 Water-X Racing Promoter PowerShot's Avatar
    +1

The 2012 R5WaterXRacing Tour Rds 5&6 return to Lake Dallas, TX July 7-8th...

The 2012 R5WaterXRacing Tour returns to Lake Dallas, TX July 7-8th at Willow Grove Park. There will be food vendors and lots of things for the entire family! The 2012 season has been outstanding with the competition being raised pretty high. We have a great turnout of NEW Racers this year in Beginner Runabout as well as Beginner Ski. We also have had a few new junior racers join us too.

Beginners 1st race is free and AS ALWAYS the Juniors RACE FOR FREE every race! Junior racing starts at 10 yrs old in ski classes..You dont need the fastest ski to have fun or be competitive in the begiiner class its all about that word FUN!!

Racing starts at 10am saturday and sunday.

For more information and for your registration please visit our website at http://www.r5waterxracing.com/Registration.html hat link also has the directions to the race site on that page.

This is ALWAYS guaranteed to be a spectacular weekend being our JULY race so DONT MISS OUT seeing some of the FASTEST PWC RACERS in the country!

If you haveany questions please feel free to call us at 214-498-3592 or email us at [email protected]

See YOU at the races!!

R5WaterXRacing, LLC
    www.r5waterxracing.com

+1
    Yes you will see ME. With as great as the previous events have been and getting better with every round I can only imagine how exciting these rounds will be. As a racer in this series I have to say that it is very professional with no waiting for your race to start. They offer races for every level of rider and ski. I HIGHLY recommend anyone thinking about giving racing a try to come on out to a R5 event. You come to one you WILL be back again. Could not ask for a better group of racers/friends with a truly professional staff. Come check it out.

+1
    I have a 17yo daughter that has expressed interested in racing. What classes are there for her at the local races?

+1
    She would race beginner class. They take time to explain everything to the beginners and spend time showing them the course layout and make sure they are aware of everything to be as safe and have as much fun as possible. What ski would ske be riding? She would need a helmet gloves some shoes and goggles. Join the ijsba which is cheap and her first day of racing is free. We all as a group would be sure y'all felt very welcome

+1
    Thanks for the info! She would be riding a 2012 VXR with whatever mods I can slap on between now and then if we were to go Are there any mod rules for the beginner class?

+1
    Jarret please check your PM box and hope to see you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I have a 17yo daughter that has expressed interested in racing. What classes are there for her at the local races?
    I just started racing this year. Dallas will be my third race weekend and I am in the Woman's Limited class. There seems to be more female racers getting into the sport this year so tell her to come on and join us. If possible, get there on Friday afternoon for the practice, it is also a good time to get your ski inspected by the tech. Hope to see her there!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I will be there as well, I am hoping to order my numbers today. The ski is running but I am waiting on insurance and registration stuff

Sean

+1
    You know you DO NOT have to be registered to race at our races just an FYI it as closed course event meaning you are NOT at the mercy of the federalies! See you soon and let me know if you need anything!

+1
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!!!

Lake Dallas, Texas – The Lake Dallas Watercross Jet Ski Championships will be held at the city’s Willow Grove Park on Saturday, July 7 through Sunday, July 8, 2012. Exciting watercross races will fill the park along the shores of Lake Lewisville.

This year’s 2-day race organized by R5WaterXRacing, a regional jet ski race promoter in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and New Mexico, will feature some of the world’s fastest and greatest riders in ski (stand up) and runabout (sit-down) style watercraft reaching speeds in excess of 85 plus mph as they negotiate around a technical closed course track that pits racer versus machine and water conditions.

R5WaterXRacing owner Brian Smith, himself a professional jet skier and National Champion from the 2010 International Jet Sports Boating Association Endurance Nationals, is the race’s organizer and said of the area, “Lake Lewisville has always proved to be a very challenging body of water to race in as it gets rough and unpredictable – a prime spot to hold jet ski races.”

Food vendors will feature menus with a variety of choices for all tastes and visitors are encouraged to bring their beach chairs and plan for a fun day at the lake. A $5 gate fee will be charged for each vehicle and the boat launch will be closed to the public during the event. First-time jet ski racers are welcome to enter the beginner class and their first race is free.

For more information on 2012 Lake Dallas Watercross Championships at Willow Grove Park (800 E. Hundley) in Lake Dallas, visit www.r5waterxracing.com or call 214-498-3592 for details.

Julie Chapman
    City of Lake Dallas
    Community Relations
    212 Main Street
    Lake Dallas, Texas 75065
    [email protected]
    940 497 2226 x132

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information