GP1200R speed question

my 01 gp1200r has a complete new motor now island racing built it, free flow exhaust,riva racing intake grate, island racing built carbs, d plate, and a k/n filter going into stock air box. if i get a 13/19 impeller what would my top speed be? and also would this impeller boost up my low and mid end as well?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Islandrida92 View Post
    my 01 gp1200r has a complete new motor now island racing built it, free flow exhaust,riva racing intake grate, island racing built carbs, d plate, and a k/n filter going into stock air box. if i get a 13/19 impeller what would my top speed be? and also would this impeller boost up my low and mid end as well?
    Being Carl did all the work and knows what he is doing he would be able to tell you the best of what speeds you should expect.

yea that what i was planning on doing... also have a quick question on what a holeshot kit does and how it works

+1
    It regulates the flow of water into the exhaust waterbox at low rpms. Its kinda like having the benefit of a dry exhaust when taking off. Its a must have mod.

Banned User
    +1
    Id stay away if not racing. Flow valve can get clogged easily and in turn you replace engine parts

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    Id stay away if not racing. Flow valve can get clogged easily and in turn you replace engine parts

Are you sure? Wouldn't it cause the water box and exhaust to over heat, not the actual engine cooling circuit? Not that a melt down of the water box and back wouldn't be a issue but I haven't heard of an entire engine getting roached from a clogged Jetworks valve.

Plus I think the logical way to view this is the ratio of people with Jetworks mods to the ratio of failures that you've seen in person or on the forum. If you want to base your mod path on a 5% or less failure rate, you should probably stay off the water all together. lol

Thread Information