Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1

    Question for Jarrett

    Jarrett I see you have had your share of supercharger clutch issues.I previously had 04 and 05 rxps .both had clutch problems.In my discust ,I got rid of the rxps and have a ultra 150.Im thinking about buying a used 04 RXP.Im wondering how well a rr clutch with bov will hold up .Ive read issues with the clutch even with rr clutch and bov.But apparently they were not set up correctly.I did have riva stage 1 on my other 2 rxps.Iknow the stage 1 kit was not the problem.Do you think if the clutch is set up correctly with rr clutch ,bov and stage kit 1 installed ,the clutch will be almost bulletproof.Thanks Mark


  2. #2
    Moderator Franko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    3,829
    +1
    2
    I have helped Jarrett with all the work he has done on his ski. He is now running the Rotax Racing heavy duty clutch and shaft. It has held up well so far. I think he has about 25 hours on it. The stock clutches are hit and miss. You will find that there are many people with 100+ hours on their ski with no problems. Some fail at under 5 hours. With the money you save by buying a used ski, take the SC out, send it to Mark at Race Tech or Glen at PPG and get the heavy duty set up. I haven't heard of many failures on the HD clutch.

    I am running the HD clutch and a BOV. I only have about 5 hours with this set up, so I can't provide any meaningful results yet.

  3. #3
    Franko,thanks alot for the info.Ive been very undecesive about what ski I want to purchase.I loved the Rxps i had,but did not like the clutch issues.I was thinking about going the the gp1300 route but decided against it.I am currently thinking about the kawasaki stx15f,but it is very expensive to get it to the 70 plus mph.I appreciate your info.the clutch issues on the rxp was holding me up from buying another one.just curious ,is a stainless wear ring working well for people that are using them.thanks for you help. Sincerely,Mark

  4. #4
    Moderator Franko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    3,829
    +1
    2
    I'm running the SS wear ring and it is awesome. You have to be careful with an SS wear ring, because if you suck up rocks, you are more likely to ruin the prop than you are with a plastic wear ring. But if you mod very much, you are going to run thru plastic wear rings like crazy. I think the SS wear ring is a must if you mod.

  5. #5
    How much are the ss wear rings and were can I get one.Thanks,Mark

  6. #6
    R.I.P. 11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    Posts
    1,571
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    or Glen at PPG
    Or not,

    can't believe you trust Perry after he fucked your XP up Frank.

  7. #7
    HOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    21
    I`m not sold on a SS wear ring unless you have double bearings. Wouldn`t a single bearing create hot spots?

  8. #8
    Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield/Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by orange71rt
    How much are the ss wear rings and were can I get one.Thanks,Mark
    About $300. Need to get a hold of Bruce in New Orleans @ http://www.xtremejetsports.com when he recoups from the Katrina and Rita. They are awesome.

  9. #9
    Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield/Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,812

    Re: Question for Jarrett

    Quote Originally Posted by orange71rt
    Jarrett I see you have had your share of supercharger clutch issues.I previously had 04 and 05 rxps .both had clutch problems.In my discust ,I got rid of the rxps and have a ultra 150.Im thinking about buying a used 04 RXP.Im wondering how well a rr clutch with bov will hold up .Ive read issues with the clutch even with rr clutch and bov.But apparently they were not set up correctly.I did have riva stage 1 on my other 2 rxps.Iknow the stage 1 kit was not the problem.Do you think if the clutch is set up correctly with rr clutch ,bov and stage kit 1 installed ,the clutch will be almost bulletproof.Thanks Mark
    PPG did my RR HD clutch set up and I "DO NOT" use a BOV. Have had a great summer with this set up with no issues.

  10. #10
    Moderator Franko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    3,829
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    or Glen at PPG
    Or not,

    can't believe you trust Perry after he fucked your XP up Frank.
    Some like him, some don't. I was just giving the guy the alternatives.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boost questions for Jerry..........
    By SKR8PN in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 08:35 AM
  2. Cold air intake questions for the brain trust........
    By SKR8PN in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 05:21 PM
  3. Question for the resident computer gurus.
    By BertInTexas in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 04:24 AM
  4. Question for Jerry..
    By Therock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
  5. Question for the Hulk
    By Therock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 07:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •