Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

08 RXP Drop in RPM's today

Hey guys i noticed a decent drop in my RPM's today while out on the water. I have an 08 stock RXP and it was running around 7600-7700 RPM's today yet still hitting its max speed of 70 mph on the speedo. I normally run around 7900-7940RPM's max with the same top speed of 70. It also kind of seemed more sluggish than usual but it could have been my imagination. I am at 93 hours and at 85 hours I just had my supercharger redone by jerry so i dont think i am having any slipping. At 85 hours, I also put in a new wear ring, a solas impeller (the one recommended for stock) and a new pump housing (well technically used from another greenhulk member) as the previous owner of my ski did quite a number on the pump with sucking up a rock.

It was 90 degrees and humid today. That might be the hottest it has ever been when i have taken it out. Can this increase in heat actually affect performance this much? Or is there something i should be looking at here.

It is weird because before my 85 hour upgrades with my old chewed up cavitating impellor and chewed up wear ring, it would run at 8000+RPM's. I guess the second part to my question is can a new impellor/wear ring drop your rpms more? I assume it puts more load on the engine when the pump is tighter and not cavitating. Im still hitting the same top speed as always. I think i might be answering my own questions haha, but i wanted to get some input from some of you fine knowledgable people here.

+1
    It is probably just attributed to the weather, my ski will vary 300rpms depending on how hot and humid it is.

+1
    I used to not believe this myself but have seen heat knock out close to 300 rpms on my own ski

Wow, thats good to hear. Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking that something was wrong. It was very humid too I might so this was probably it. It was running normal 2 weeks before when it was in the mid to high 70's.

On a side note. Since after I put on my solas impeller (SRX-CD-13/18 for stock) and new wear ring, My RPM's dropped from 8000-8040 to 7900-7940. It is kind of sad to not see that 8000 pop up on the tach anymore. Are there any easy things to do to get it back up to that again? Would it be appropriate to install a RIVA RXP Power Filter Kit to get the RPM's back up or is that a no-no because my prop is not pitched accordingly? I planned on keeping everything stock, but after the slight rpm drop, I wouldnt mind putting on a nice bolt on to get the RPM's back up. Would this be a good idea or am I being silly and should just let it ride as is? When put on my new used housing, I noticed the bearings didnt quite spin as freely as my other one but I dont think it is that big of a deal since they were still good tight bearings. I wonder if that can also contribute to my slight RPM drop.

+1
    you could most certainly add a new intake and probably be fine as the revlimiter isn't until 8200 rpms

+1
    The rev limit on a 08 RXP is 8300. The RIVA air intake should get you back up there. Don't use the water-repellent sock on the filter unless you have to it kills rpms. Heat killed your r's I am betting. Its better to turn 8100-8140 anyway. The ski will feel faster and the heat will be less of a factor. IMO.

Thanks guys! Looks like I will be paying the greenhulk performance store a visit!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhm1138 View Post
    Thanks guys! Looks like I will be paying the greenhulk performance store a visit!
    The fizzle 4in intake will give you more bang for your buck bro.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    The fizzle 4in intake will give you more bang for your buck bro.
    +1

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    The rev limit on a 08 RXP is 8300.
    really!? ive never seen anything above 8200

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information