Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

R&D vs Riva speed module

Wondered If anyone had experience with both.I have read up on both and am looking for the easiest install/uninstall as my new ski has a 4 year warranty that I don't want to jeaprodize.I tried the search function but couldn't find any direct comparison.Go easy on me,I'm new here!

+1
    Welcome to the forum.
    All depends on which you want to buy. Bothe are an easy install and do the exact same thing. Completely up to you. Both are very good products. I have had the Riva since they came out and fellow member Fire0021 has had the R&D. Both have done their job and are still working fine. I Honestly can not say buy one over the other for anything other than name.
    Just remember to use the Greenhulk coupon code when purchasing any Riva or R&D product for 10% off.

It looks like the R&D is a direct plug and play versus some wire splicing ror the Riva,am I correct?I imagine it's pretty even speed wise but my main concern is being able to remove it for warranty work without the service dept. knowing it was there.I have worked for GM for years and they will use any mod to try and deny a claim.Don't want to end up with an expensive warranty thats viod.This place is a wealth of knowledge so far,but it looks like I could end up spending money I haven't even earned yet if I am not careful,lots of great mods out there!

+1
    Really it is up to you both are easy. Kawasaki is good about honoring warranty unless directly related to the failure.
    As gas as mods just a few are useful. You can WASTE a lot of money. Read around.

I went with the R&D for the same reason, seemed eaiser to install. I waited a little while longer for the R&D one to come out, but I think it was worth it. I liked the fact that it was more of a direct installation.

Plus if you are like most mechanics (a sticker collector) I already had a riva sticker so I needed the R&D one....

Are there any wires that need tapped into or does it just plug in?

everything plugs in, except one wire that you have to run into the ecu plug. The directions tell you wire plug and wire to locate, unplug that one from the ecu, then unlock the plug and remove the wire. Place the one from the module in and relock the connector. Reinsert it to the ecu and go riding.

Banned User
    +1
    I. Agree with LA sportsman they both do the same R&d is plug and play for power other then that they do the same thing.
    Now for the disclaimer.
    The scom is not 100% safe and could lead to a failure and you could possibly void your warranty if the scom is proven to be related to the failure. Kawi is very good about standing behind there warranty in most cases. But you take that chance when you mod your ski. Removing the scom will not remove the proof that it was there ether. Overall the scom is the safest option but just weigh the possible risk for yourself. Now go have fun on that ski.

I didn't realize that this mod could posibly grenade the motor.From what I have read up on it just takes the U.S. speed limiter off to be comparable to the European models where they don't have the Coast Guard threat of legislation if they don't regulate the speed to 65mph.Are there any known engine failures attriutable to these modules first hand?Just curios on first hand experiences with this as it is going to be my first mod after my ski is broken in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information