Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ultra 250x 07 good battery but wont crank

so ive had my ultra 250x for a few months but last time i tried to start it wouldnt crank over. i put a battery tester on it and says its good, it will crank for a second barely. it acts as if the battery is dead but its charged.the terminals look good and clean and i tightened them . i tried to search first but couldnt find anything quite like it any advice? thanks in advance

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    1stly
    Remove spark plugs and try again as this will remove some load from starter motor

then is still the same loosen the supercharger belt , it only takes 2 bolts to undo and then report back

Waz

thanks, i did that and loosened the belt until the end of the adjustment bolt touched the other end. it turns over slightly but still the same

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoon92 View Post
    thanks, i did that and loosened the belt until the end of the adjustment bolt touched the other end. it turns over slightly but still the same
    What's the Voltage of the battery ?

OK so I took the battery and trickle charged it and I got 12.8 volts, I put it back in and it turns over slightly better but really slow but it is turning, being the original battery I'm thinking I need a new one, once I get that if it works, what are the specifications that the supercharger belt needs to be adjusted too

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoon92 View Post
    OK so I took the battery and trickle charged it and I got 12.8 volts, I put it back in and it turns over slightly better but really slow but it is turning, being the original battery I'm thinking I need a new one, once I get that if it works, what are the specifications that the supercharger belt needs to be adjusted too
    Yep your batt is bad by a tension tool for the belt.

Ok so with the new batt its doing the same thing ,gonna put the tester on all connection points, but I noticed my starter was really warm, any thoughts? Thanks for your help so far

Banned User
    +1
    Did you remove the sc belt and try cranking it over ? With the new bat or loosen the belt ? Did u charge the new batt ?

The belt is loose , no I didn't charge the new batt,the box said ready to use?

+1
    is the s/c spinning freely thats why they have asked you that question, your s/c could be seized causing you to believe your problem is elswhere.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information