Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

250x rear bearing STUCK!!! PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys, I'm in the middle of doing a pump upgrade to 300x specs but I'm having a hell of a time removing the rear bearing from the pump housing. Is there any trick to get it out? I am using a press to get it out but it wont budge!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    what have u done sofar , and how and were are you pressing on to remove it , and which direction are u pressing it ?

Waz

Pressing to the rear of the pump where the impeller is closest to. Everything is removed from the pump except the rear bearing.

+1
    are you are pressing on the inner race of the bearing and not the outside lip as the outside lip is alloy part of housing that stop the seal going too far back

were the impellor was is the FRONT

you press the bearing out the same way the shaft cam out , out the BACK / CONE end

sounds like you are pressing the WRONG direction

Waz

So I guess I'm going the wrong way? I have to push the rear bearing out towards the front of the pump?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JERSEYJK View Post
    So I guess I'm going the wrong way? I have to push the rear bearing out towards the front of the pump?
    NO the FRONT of the pump is were the circlip and 3 seals are and the impellor was

the REAR of the pump is were the CONE bolts to

the rearbearing is actually on the SHAFT that is on the bench hopefully,

I am assuming you mean the FRONT bearing that is left inside the pump housing after you have removed the shaft

the bearing in the pump body ( FRONT ) push's out toward the REAR of the pump body towards the CONE , only push on the inner section of the bearing

WAZ

Thanks for your help. Ill give it a shot!

I just want to give a very special Thank You to Warren (Waz) for taking the time out to go out of his way and walk me through step by step with my dilemma. Needless to say, my 250X has the new 300X pump upgrade and I can rest a little easier! Thanks again Waz! You my friend have set this site apart from all the other forums!

+1
    I just want to give a very special Thank You to Warren (Waz) for taking the time out to go out of his way and walk me through step by step with my dilemma. Needless to say, my 250X has the new 300X pump upgrade and I can rest a little easier! Thanks again Waz! You my friend have set this site apart from all the other forums!
    COMPLETELY AGREE
    Glad you got it taken care of and THANK You Waz for helping him.

+1
    I stumbled across this topic and find that Waz is STILL feeding this forum with great advice, information and technical help. Not to sound funny...but often times these forums turn into pissing matches and tend to divert from what they were initally intended for...to help. From personal experience, Waz helped me years ago with a pump bearing and hurt motor situation when I first got into modding skis. With all his initial help in pinpointing my problem, I was able to do all the mods and repairs that I did. It's guys like him that really make the sport, as well as this site, alot more enjoyable and less stressful knowing help like that is a few keystrokes away. I'm sure there are countless individuals who run across these topics that get all the information they need to rectify their problem, and guys like Waz don't get the thanks and recognition they deserve. With all that said, the outcome of this topic doesn't surprise me in the least with Waz helping as much as he did....just shows alot about his character. He's been around for years and consistent with his knowledge and help that really sets the forum apart. I just wanted to make mention of how much help he was to me a few years back. As I mentioned before, often all of his time, as well as others like him, and dedication goes unrecognized and topics ending like this really show the impact he, and others like him, have on this site and watercraft community.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information