MSX 110 Stalling issue PLEASE HELP!

My MSX 110 will run a top speed of 43 mph. If I pull throttle all the way open it will stall to an idle. I shut the ski off, wait for the check engine light to go out and restart. as long as I don't accelerate quickly or go wide open it will run. Aggrevating to say the least. Any help would be great.

P.S. new to the forum

+1
    Welcome to Green Hulk!

Did this condition just start recently?
    When last did the ski run normally?
    What is the max RPM you are getting? (The ECU limits RPMs under certain conditions and it might point us at the cause)
    So the check engine light is on all the time or only if you go WOT?
    Any other indicators on the dash lit?
    Where on the dipstick is your hot engine oil level? (This engine has issues when it has too much oil... even when showing full mark of the dipstick)
    Was the ski ever rolled over? (This engine has many issues with being rolled)
    Any oil coating inside the turbo-to-intercooler hose or the intercooler-to-intake hose/pipe? (This would indicate oil ingestion... result of too much oil)
    Is your wastegate actuator arm stuck closed? (Should be able to push arm down about inch and it'll snap shut)

Lots of good MSX 110/150 info here:
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....10-and-msx-150

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
    Welcome to Green Hulk!

Did this condition just start recently?
    When last did the ski run normally?
    What is the max RPM you are getting? (The ECU limits RPMs under certain conditions and it might point us at the cause)
    So the check engine light is on all the time or only if you go WOT?
    Any other indicators on the dash lit?
    Where on the dipstick is your hot engine oil level? (This engine has issues when it has too much oil... even when showing full mark of the dipstick)
    Was the ski ever rolled over? (This engine has many issues with being rolled)
    Any oil coating inside the turbo-to-intercooler hose or the intercooler-to-intake hose/pipe? (This would indicate oil ingestion... result of too much oil)
    Is your wastegate actuator arm stuck closed? (Should be able to push arm down about inch and it'll snap shut)

Lots of good MSX 110/150 info here:
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....10-and-msx-150

Cheers!
    I got the ski with issues and unknown if the ski was ever rolled. I changed the oil and plugs and the oil level hot is normal. there are no other indicators on the dash and I get around 5800 to 6000 rpm's. The waste gate is very free and there is no oil in the intercooler lines. Thanks for any help.

+1
    Where is the boost control solenoid mounted, on the turbo compressor? If it is it is the old one known to fail. You need to check it for correct operation, even if it is the newer one mounted on the side of the rocker cover.

+1
    Yeah... check the wastegate (aka boost) solenoid. Any 12 volts applied to it should cause it to "click" and redirect the exit port.

Another thing to consider. 5800 RPMs is a max limit the ECU will trigger when the two MAP sensors (one on IC-to-intake pipe, one on side of intake) don't match signals. The ECU uses these 2 sensors (along with a built in temp sensor on the one on the intake) to determine boost before ETB (electronic throttle body) and after in the intake... and when they don't match up as the ECU expects it triggers this RPM limit. So either or both of these MAP sensors could be bad. Search the forum for specs to ohm check the sensors and/or part numbers if you buy new ones.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice

Ok I changed the both map sensors and still having an issue. I can slowly accelerate up to approx. 5100 rpms at 33 mph if I accelerate higher the ski stalls to an idle. Shut the ski off, wait for engine light to go out, start up and the problem repeats itself. If I start up and try to go WOT right away the ski stalls to and idle.

Any more ideas?

Have you checked the wastegate solenoid?

The best way to check this is?
    Quote Originally Posted by ride04msx View Post
    Have you checked the wastegate solenoid?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor1 View Post
    The best way to check this is?
    best way to do is as Ripcuda said in post #5

Thread Information