Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    long island , NY
    Posts
    4

    Post 2006 GP1300r NO Spark

    Hi guys its my first time hee so i apologize if this is a repeat question, I have a 2006 gp1300r and im getting no spark. I tested my ski with my yds software and all i have is the engine temp sensor error code which i know is erratic it works and dosent work but my ski still worked with that code for the later part of last year. I went to start it this season and bam nadda, it turns over so i know the engine has no problems. I also being reading that if the throttle valve is open it wont send spark. below im gonna post a picture of what yds is saying and the diagnostic test please help......

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120623-00098.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	275367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120623-00097.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	275368


    Save date June 23 2012
    ECM No.: 60T8591A20
    Diagnosis
    Code Item Result Condition
    15 Engine temp sensor Irregular Out of specification
    13 Pulser coil Normal
    18 Throttle position sensor Normal
    19 Battery voltage Normal
    22 Atmosphere pressure sensor Normal
    23 Intake temp sensor Normal
    47 Slant detection switch Normal
    53 Exhaust manifold temp sensor Normal
    54 Stepping motor Normal
    55 Steering switch Normal
    64 YPVS Normal
    65 Ex.manifold water temp. sensor Normal
    66 Stepping motor operation 1 Normal
    67 Stepping motor operation 2 Normal
    Diagnosis Record
    Total hours of operation 103.2
    Code Item Occurred
    15 Engine temp sensor 103.26
    Engine Monitor
    Monitor Item Result Unit
    Engine speed 0 r/min
    TPS voltage (0.5-4.5) 2 V
    Throttle valve opening (0-90) 32.5 deg
    Battery voltage (12-16) 12.01 V
    Engine temperature (below 120) -20 ∞C
    Engine temperature (below 24 -4 ∞F
    Intake temperature (below 70) 24 ∞C
    Intake temperature (below 15 75.2 ∞F
    Atmospheric pressure 1009.1 hPa
    Atmospheric pressure 29.8 inHg
    Ignition timing - deg
    Fuel injection duration 0 ms
    Exhaust manifold temp sensor 300 ∞C
    Exhaust manifold temp sensor 572 ∞F
    Ex.manifold water temp. sensor 26 ∞C
    Ex.manifold water temp. sensor 78.8 ∞F
    Stepping motor 0 step
    YPVS 0 deg
    Engine stop lanyard switch OFF
    Slant detection switch OFF
    Steering switch OFF
    Throttle switch ON
    Data Logger[Engine operating hours according to engine speed]
    Engine speed Time[h]
    - 2000 r/min 18.38
    2000 - 4000 r/min 18.31
    4000 - 6000 r/min 53.78
    6000 - 8000 r/min 12.79
    Engine hours 103.2
    Data Logger[Data comparison graph]
    Engine speed[r/min] Battery voltage (12-16)[V] TPS voltage (0.5-4.5)[V] Engine temperature (below 120)[∞C] Ex.manifold water temp. sensor[∞C] Stepping motor[0:OFF 1:ON]
    300 11.1 2.01 -20 17 1
    300 8.6 2.01 -20 17 1
    250 10.8 2.01 -20 17 1
    250 7.4 2.01 -20 15 1
    350 10 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 10.2 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 10.1 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 10 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 9.7 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 10.1 2.01 -20 21 1
    350 10 2.01 -20 21 1
    350 9.6 2.05 -20 21 1
    350 9.2 2.01 -20 21 1


  2. #2
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    A bad engine temp sensor will kill the spark so would a bad water temp sensor, or a throttle cable that is stuck and don't return all the way. In your case it shows a engine temp so that would be why you do not have spark.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    long island , NY
    Posts
    4
    Thanks jim for the response so even tho it had the code and was runnin last half of the season last year it will still have no spark?


    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    A bad engine temp sensor will kill the spark so would a bad water temp sensor, or a throttle cable that is stuck and don't return all the way. In your case it shows a engine temp so that would be why you do not have spark.

  4. #4
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmaster110 View Post
    Thanks jim for the response so even tho it had the code and was runnin last half of the season last year it will still have no spark?
    it could have gone completely, You can ohm it to make sure it's a sensor bad.

  5. #5
    My 06 dang sure wouldn't spark with a bad engine temp sensor.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    long island , NY
    Posts
    4
    im def. gonna change that to make sure thats not the problem like i said to im a little worried about the throttle valve being open to 33 percent on the yds software

    Quote Originally Posted by mixmaster110 View Post
    Hi guys its my first time hee so i apologize if this is a repeat question, I have a 2006 gp1300r and im getting no spark. I tested my ski with my yds software and all i have is the engine temp sensor error code which i know is erratic it works and dosent work but my ski still worked with that code for the later part of last year. I went to start it this season and bam nadda, it turns over so i know the engine has no problems. I also being reading that if the throttle valve is open it wont send spark. below im gonna post a picture of what yds is saying and the diagnostic test please help......

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120623-00098.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	275367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120623-00097.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	275368


    Save date June 23 2012
    ECM No.: 60T8591A20
    Diagnosis
    Code Item Result Condition
    15 Engine temp sensor Irregular Out of specification
    13 Pulser coil Normal
    18 Throttle position sensor Normal
    19 Battery voltage Normal
    22 Atmosphere pressure sensor Normal
    23 Intake temp sensor Normal
    47 Slant detection switch Normal
    53 Exhaust manifold temp sensor Normal
    54 Stepping motor Normal
    55 Steering switch Normal
    64 YPVS Normal
    65 Ex.manifold water temp. sensor Normal
    66 Stepping motor operation 1 Normal
    67 Stepping motor operation 2 Normal
    Diagnosis Record
    Total hours of operation 103.2
    Code Item Occurred
    15 Engine temp sensor 103.26
    Engine Monitor
    Monitor Item Result Unit
    Engine speed 0 r/min
    TPS voltage (0.5-4.5) 2 V
    Throttle valve opening (0-90) 32.5 deg
    Battery voltage (12-16) 12.01 V
    Engine temperature (below 120) -20 ∞C
    Engine temperature (below 24 -4 ∞F
    Intake temperature (below 70) 24 ∞C
    Intake temperature (below 15 75.2 ∞F
    Atmospheric pressure 1009.1 hPa
    Atmospheric pressure 29.8 inHg
    Ignition timing - deg
    Fuel injection duration 0 ms
    Exhaust manifold temp sensor 300 ∞C
    Exhaust manifold temp sensor 572 ∞F
    Ex.manifold water temp. sensor 26 ∞C
    Ex.manifold water temp. sensor 78.8 ∞F
    Stepping motor 0 step
    YPVS 0 deg
    Engine stop lanyard switch OFF
    Slant detection switch OFF
    Steering switch OFF
    Throttle switch ON
    Data Logger[Engine operating hours according to engine speed]
    Engine speed Time[h]
    - 2000 r/min 18.38
    2000 - 4000 r/min 18.31
    4000 - 6000 r/min 53.78
    6000 - 8000 r/min 12.79
    Engine hours 103.2
    Data Logger[Data comparison graph]
    Engine speed[r/min] Battery voltage (12-16)[V] TPS voltage (0.5-4.5)[V] Engine temperature (below 120)[∞C] Ex.manifold water temp. sensor[∞C] Stepping motor[0:OFF 1:ON]
    300 11.1 2.01 -20 17 1
    300 8.6 2.01 -20 17 1
    250 10.8 2.01 -20 17 1
    250 7.4 2.01 -20 15 1
    350 10 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 10.2 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 10.1 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 10 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 9.7 2.01 -20 18 1
    350 10.1 2.01 -20 21 1
    350 10 2.01 -20 21 1
    350 9.6 2.05 -20 21 1
    350 9.2 2.01 -20 21 1

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    long island , NY
    Posts
    4
    im def. gonna change that to make sure thats not the problem like i said to im a little worried about the throttle valve being open to 33 percent on the yds software

  8. #8
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    it should not show 30 degrees opened at idle, in front of the throttle body is the tps sensor reach down and unplug it then try to start it. If it starts then you have a throttle that is stuck open or a tps sensor that is not returning all the way back.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. GP1300R No Spark (2003 Model UK)
    By waynesworld2 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 03:45 PM
  2. 2006 Gp1300r no spark, figured it out but need help.
    By gregss1270 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 05:32 PM
  3. 2003 gp1300r no spark
    By YamahaManny in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 08:26 PM
  4. GP1300r no spark??
    By itismejoshy in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 08:48 PM
  5. help gp1300r no spark
    By islandracer in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 09:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •