Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rxp helppppppppp

I have had an 07 rxp for 2 years now. over the course there have been a total of three times here i have shut it off, when back to start it and it wouldn't start and only saw 260- 280 on the tach. . I took it to a dealer and he replaced the ecu and the fuel pump. (Warranty) I thought it was cured until 2 months ago when it happened again. Brought it back and he said its the wiring harness. He said all I have to do is remove dipstick and dressing cover and disconnect one of the two from the ecu and it will start like nothing was wrong. At this time it was still under warranty but he told me bombardier will not warranty a wiring harness. I took it to another dealer who said "oh those guys dont know shit, bring to me and I will fix your ski." So I did, and they called me and said they could not get it to duplicate the problem so they could not get seadoo to fix something that isn't broke at the the time. The warranty was ending in a week. The dealer told me to bring it in if it does it again even tho the warranty has expired, it was documented. I have been towed in three times now from the middle of nowhere because of this issue. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Does it throw a code?
    Has it ever stopped running without you pulling key/stopping the engine voluntarily?
    Will it start after cooling down after being towed?
    Pull the spark plugs as soon as it won't start. May have a slight head gasket leak. Check the coolant level too.
    When it won't start, can you hear the fuel pump upon inserting the key?
    Does it run well (8100) while running?

+1
    I took it to a dealer and he replaced the ecu and the fuel pump.
    Right their should have been your first clue of the level of incompetents of that dealer. That tells me he had no idea what was wrong and instead of doing his job and finding the problem he just through parts at it and hoped it fixed it. I would love to here his bullshit explaination as to how and why the fuel pump and the ecu were causing your problems...

+1
    The dealer probably kept the old parts for himself...

No codes. Ski runs hard and no signs while running. The only times it has done it was after i pulled to peir and sat for an hour or a day, get back on it and it only spins 260-280 rpm. I disconect harness from ecu and connect it and im good. Thats a horrible way to own a clean ski and not to mention when it started doin this crap it only had 26 hours on it

+1
    Look at the pins in the plug to the ecu. Look for signs of corrosion or moisture. If you don't find anything then start tugging gently on each individual wire on the back of the plug. That will show if you have a pushed pin or maybe a bad crimp. Clean all of your plugs with contact cleaner,reassemble and try again. Start simple...

Sounds like somethings happening with the heat soak of your engine compartment after the engines shut down. They probably cant duplicate it on the trailer because all the components in your engine compartment aren't getting as hot as they would be with a engine thats been running for a couple hours with hard use, on top of that they probably have the seat off which is venting all the hot air.

When you shut the ski down on the water the engine basically heats the ambient temp of entire engine compartment to some thing close to the operating temp of the engine. There is no airflow while sitting still so the compartment just bakes.

Heat does funny things to electricity. Check all your connections and grounds, clean them as needed. Look at it this way... you know its not a fuel pump or ECU. Its most likely a intermittent connection somewhere

Lol. Should i spray the pins with contact cleaner?

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    As I see it your main concern is the warranty expiring and the fault not being fixed in time? Notify Seadoo customer care in writing (and get conformation that they have received your letter before the warranty expiry date), detailing the fault and conditions that it occurs and that none of their agents have been able to correct the issue. Ask for the the warranty to be differed on this one item / fault until it can be resolved.

I googled numbers for bombardier recreational products and get nothing. The dealer says that seadoo only communicates with the dealer and will not speak to customer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information