Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question ran into first problem help needed

ok so i just was out at the lake and eveything was fine then ski started to shutter and vibrate wasnt noticible at wot but when idling and take off is extremely bad only thing i can think of is pump bearing failure? i have an 09 260 with the pump bearing mod rpm's and boost at wot is fine any sugguestions??

+1
    sounds more like spark plugs you really have to differentiate and vibration from an engine miss..

i dont know if its the plugs for sure nic i remember the first time they went out the ski would not even go over 35 mph and i could tell it was misfireing and no vibration ive never felt the ski vibrate like this specially at idle and takeoff but i will def check them out ill have to wait till tues cause theres only one place where i live that even sells those plugs can the bearing still go out even with the mod? just feels like thats where its at to me

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by XO1 SC View Post
    i dont know if its the plugs for sure nic i remember the first time they went out the ski would not even go over 35 mph and i could tell it was misfireing and no vibration ive never felt the ski vibrate like this specially at idle and takeoff but i will def check them out ill have to wait till tues cause theres only one place where i live that even sells those plugs can the bearing still go out even with the mod? just feels like thats where its at to me
    Yes it possible for the bearings to fail still especially if installed poorly. Have you checked your sc belt.

the belt was replaced right before this summer along with the idler pulley I just went and checked it and it does feel a lil loose to me but I don't have the belt tensioner tool my dealer does the work for me lol can the belt just come loose sometimes?

Banned User
    +1
    the belt was replaced right before this summer along with the idler pulley I just went and checked it and it does feel a lil loose to me but I don't have the belt tensioner tool my dealer does the work for me lol can the belt just come loose sometimes?
    The belt can stretch over time. Especially when first installed. A slipping belt will cause allot of vibration also. Not saying this is your issue but don't rule it out. Did the ski make boost during your issue

Yes at wot boost is still 11 to 12 and rpms 7240 there lower cause I still have the solas impeller on but its just at idle and takeoff that it shutters and vibrates bad till about 45 mph then stops just wierd that it just started to do this

i have an 09 260 with the pump bearing mod
    What is the mod exactly?

Banned User
    +1
    Yes at wot boost is still 11 to 12 and rpms 7240 there lower cause I still have the solas impeller on but its just at idle and takeoff that it shutters and vibrates bad till about 45 mph then stops just wierd that it just started to do this
    Sounds like something with your pump has or is going bad be it prop or bearings etc.

Only mods I have are bolt on solas impeller pump bearing mod thats suppose to prevent pump bearing failure lol and fire thats what im thinkin it is just from the shutter and vibration ill pull it tomm how will I be able to tell?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information