Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

First Ride From Hell : Open to Suggestions

Yesterday I took out my recently purchased 05 rxp (93 hrs/ riva: intake grate, free flow exhaust, intake) . After clearing the booeys not even a quarter mile out after hitting the throttle hard my sensor came on for engine temperature at 86 degrees which isn't hot @ all, opened the seat & saw signs of water entry but couldn't tell from where. After starting it back up on my way to shore it slowly starts sinking & the engine starts missing while im idling back to shore. By the time I got it out of water the water level was close to being halfway inside the hull. Put it back on the trailer and checked it out and my cousin found my drive shaft clamp was loose. After flushing the water out (took spark plugs in & out repeatedly) for a couple hours until it started we later found my exhaust manifold hose was off which was why my sensor came on & why the ski almost sunk on my 1st attempted ride. The clamp was nowhere to be found inside the hull on the manifold hose so we put a new one on. Changed all 3 spark plugs & checked the engine oil which came out milky (creamy) which showed water came in the engine. We drained as much as we could out & put about 1 qt & 1/2 just to test ride since we were short on time to ride. The ski fired right up and ran perfect halfway around the lake until my "Check Engine" signal popped up & the engine shut off completely while going @ a high speed. Tried starting it after and it's turning over but won't fire up. Any suggestions on what my problem could be??? The engine is getting compression, the Ecu had a little water in it, checked engine oil after & no more signs of the milky look just oil on the dipstick but that doesn't mean all the water is out. It's going to the shop 1st thing in the Am. -Thanks

+1
    +++Also supercharger ceramic washers were replaced to riva metal washers @ 91 hours+++

+1
    Something electrical.

+1
    That's what Im hoping, all gages still are working. Water may have gotten into something electrical, the way it cut off it was like a safety mechanism on the ski shut it down

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Something electrical.
    So far the supercharger is done!!! They found metal shavings in the oil filter :-/, I'm hoping that's all it was & that the motor doesn't need a rebuild because I haven't even had it a week yet...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eat-My-Roost View Post
    So far the supercharger is done!!! They found metal shavings in the oil filter :-/, I'm hoping that's all it was & that the motor doesn't need a rebuild because I haven't even had it a week yet...
    Damn hate to hear that. Who did the SC rebuild?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Damn hate to hear that. Who did the SC rebuild?

It hasn't been completed yet but its at Pirahna Motorsports in Lakewood, CA. Even worse is that the engine has little to no compression, left cyc read 35psi, middle 0, & right cyc 40. Not to mention metal shavings were found inside the oil filter. The head is going to be taken off soon to see exactly what happened. Could be a valve drop or broken rod. Either way I'm pissed with the seller, if he's not willing to @ least pay 1/2 for damages I'll be seeing him in court & the worst part about it is he use to own a jet ski shop which gave me more piece of mind in buying it.

+1
    Chances are that you sucked up some water into the intake and it was ingested while you were running causing a hydro lock. If you were running at a high RPM there is a chance you could have bent your rods. That is a worst case scenario. I'll bet you bent some valves.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HardmanGT View Post
    Chances are that you sucked up some water into the intake and it was ingested while you were running causing a hydro lock. If you were running at a high RPM there is a chance you could have bent your rods. That is a worst case scenario. I'll bet you bent some valves.
    Yeah, should be knowing either or shortly the head is being taken apart as we speak. Regardless we found too many things loose on the ski, aside from the exhaust manifold hose being loose & the drive shaft clamp the mechanic said the jet pump 4 screws were so loose an 8 yr old could pull it off. I'm surprised it hung on...

+1
    After u half sunk it you should have taken the hose from the charger to the engine off and cleared the water out before hitting the water again.
    With that much water in the hull u probably had water in there and after running high rpms again u sucked that water in which can cause hydro lock.

Good luck with the stealership...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information