Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water in oil

water in oil

hello i just bought 04 rxp. first time i ran the ski on the hose everthing looked fine then i ran the ski on the water. i drove about five min and i pulled the dip stick and i notice my oil is creamy. i put it back on the trail. i'm back home.. what should i do first to see where the water is coming from. please help

East Valley, AZ (Born & raised in Cali)
    I had the same creamy look on my engine dipstick yesterday, I found out my exhaust manifold hose was off while riding so I'd check that & all other hoses/clamps, I'd also check the clamp on your drive shaft because that was loose on my ski as well. I'f u can I'd pump all that old oil out, put new oil in x3 and then put new oil in + spark plugs and fire it up. Hope this helps.

I pump the oil out and all came out creamy oil. there no water in the haul just the engine

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    blown head gasket bro

how can i check before i change to make sure its that

Hamilton, Ontario
    question are you running closed loop or open loop? if you are closed loop and watery you should be down on coolant. aka propbaly a blown head gasket

my compression is 130 psi on all three cylinders. the ski had sat for a year and it does have a catch can oil. i dont know if that makes a difference or not. Thanks.

It has a close loop system and the fluid looks good. The ski has an upgraded intercooler & turbo upgrade,42 injectors, exhuast air intake. could the intercooler have problems?

Cataula, Georgia, United States
    more thank likely the IC is bad bro. Take it off and pressure test it. There are instructions on our site if you search.

the inter cooler is a riva thats in the ski. Does riva fix them or do i have to buy another one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information