Impeller Housing Stuck

2007 Seadoo GTX Limited. Buddy and I were trying to replace my wear ring today and we removed the all the hardware, but when it came time to pull the pump housing off, it wouldn't budge. Worked it for a while and eventually there was a little give on the bottom side. It seems like it could be stuck on the prop shaft. Anyone come across this issue before and what they did about it? Didn't find much by searching the forum. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gld1976 View Post
    2007 Seadoo GTX Limited. Buddy and I were trying to replace my wear ring today and we removed the all the hardware, but when it came time to pull the pump housing off, it wouldn't budge. Worked it for a while and eventually there was a little give on the bottom side. It seems like it could be stuck on the prop shaft. Anyone come across this issue before and what they did about it? Didn't find much by searching the forum. Thanks.
    All the hardware?....have you removed the nozzle and reverse bucket?

Only thing after that is 4 nuts/lock washers/flat washers on the corners of the pump. After they come off it should fall in your hands....unless someone caulked it into place...heh.

Yep. Nozzle and bucket are off. Purchased it used so I don't know if it the housing had been off before or not and then RTV'ed. Could it be corrosion between the splined shaft and impeller?

Quote Originally Posted by gld1976 View Post
    Yep. Nozzle and bucket are off. Purchased it used so I don't know if it the housing had been off before or not and then RTV'ed. Could it be corrosion between the splined shaft and impeller?
    Anything is possible. I personallly haven't seen that area between the prop and shaft corroded...at all. Of course...I use a bit of grease or anti-seize there just for that purpose.

If I were a betting man...my money is a stuck seal. Especially since you haven't been able to reproduce the same...."gap"...anywhere else around the pump....except for the bottom.

No?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Anything is possible. I personallly haven't seen that area between the prop and shaft corroded...at all. Of course...I use a bit of grease or anti-seize there just for that purpose.

If I were a betting man...my money is a stuck seal. Especially since you haven't been able to reproduce the same...."gap"...anywhere else around the pump....except for the bottom.

No?
    I agree with this. If it were corroded to the drive shaft, you would feel some play as you pull on the housing. The drive shaft isn't fixed and would allow some forward/backward play.

I'd be taking your intake grate off, and taking a look through there.

Turns out the top two bolts had a bunch of corrosion, sand and gunk. About 15 minutes of cleaning and it came loose. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information