+1

will the jet pump on a sl 780 work on a slt 780 of the same year?

there is a parts ski on CL and dont know if this will work

+1
    they are 96

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    SL 780 only has the short jet pump. The SLT uses the extended.

The parts will interchange between them though. But you will need to see if the impellers are the same pitch. if not, put the SLT impeller on the SL pump and you'll be fine.

What is it specifcally that you need for your SLT?

+1
    ski would not turn over so i pulled the pump....took the cone off and it is corroded inside,,,got water in it and barring must be seized in there ....is there a quick fix for this??????i found a rebuild kit on Ebay but dont want to spend the time.....looking for a pump that will just bolt on and go

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lippyat13 View Post
    ski would not turn over so i pulled the pump....took the cone off and it is corroded inside,,,got water in it and barring must be seized in there ....is there a quick fix for this??????i found a rebuild kit on Ebay but dont want to spend the time.....looking for a pump that will just bolt on and go
    You should be able to pull the stator off of the parts ski and interchange it for the bad one on your SLT. Like Xlint said, make sure you keep the SLTs prop though....

Of course, need to make sure the stator on the parts ski is good too..... I don't think you would really spend that much more time punching the old bearings out and installing new ones. You already have to take all the components apart as it is, and you would have a freshly rebuilt trustworthy pump instead of an unknown condition who knows how much longer it will last pump.....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You can source the required seals and bearings to rebuild a jet pump at any decent bearing supply company. These are fairly common sizes.

The exact part sizes are listed in the jet pump section from my signature links.

Once you have the parts on hand the actual job is fairly easy. Note the freezer and oven trick also outlined in those links, which makes putting the new bearings in very easy.

Be sure to clean and dry the stator insides very thoroughly before reassembly.

Also replace all the o-rings with new. You need those seals to completely be waterproof.

+1
    thanks guys....i just got a entire pump assenbly with shaft off ebay....came off a 96 slt...it will bolt on and go.....i will try to rebuild the one i have to have a spare...i have a 95 slt 750 and it looks like this should fit that one too

+1
    thanks guys....i just got a entire pump assenbly with shaft off ebay....came off a 96 slt...it will bolt on and go.....i will try to rebuild the one i have to have a spare...i have a 95 slt 750 and it looks like this should fit that one too
    Excellent! Just make sure you watch your props when you switch between 750s and 780s. I once heard that the 96 SLT 780 has a 15-20 swirl that is too much prop for a 750.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    Excellent! Just make sure you watch your props when you switch between 750s and 780s. I once heard that the 96 SLT 780 has a 15-20 swirl that is too much prop for a 750.......

so u are telling me that they are not interchangable???/...my thought was to have a spare to put on either one

+1
    so u are telling me that they are not interchangable???/...my thought was to have a spare to put on either one
    They will physically fit, but they are likely pitched differently based on motor HP. The 750 puts out around 80 HP and the 780 92HP. Too much pitch will put additional stress, load, and heat on a motor......

Thread Information