Help Removing Jet Pump

I'm still having fun figuring out this used Jet Ski that I bought. I finally have the motor running perfect and was ready to go in the water this past weekend. I dropped it in and the Jet Ski was working just fine. I get half way out there having fun and all of the sudden I heard a squeal and the Jet Ski came to a halt.

I was able to idle just fine, but when I hit the throttle there was nothing there. I idled back in and took it home. I started tearing apart the jet pump and decided to look at the oil. I found no oil in the jet pump, it looked like the last person that put it on pinched the O-ring and there was nothing but water in there with some metal shavings. I'm assuming this is my problem with my propulsion, but the last person that put it on used some sort of black rubber foam and I can't get the jet pump off.

I can wiggle the pump but it still doesn't want to come out. Do I need to disconnect anything else on the inside, I see allot of forums saying you have to disconnect the hoses going to the jet pump, some say leave them on. Some say disconnect the drive shaft from inside the ski, some say it will break away at the impellor. What is the true way to take the pump off the Jet Ski?

I have a 96 seadoo spi; I attached a picture to explain the black sealant. You can only see it on the top of the jet pump.

Thanks!
    Steven
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jet pump.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	275512

XLTNoob
    It looks like they used 5200 to seal the pump to the hull. The seadoo manual actually shows how to build a tool to pull the jet pump, I welded mine together with some scrap box tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    It looks like they used 5200 to seal the pump to the hull. The seadoo manual actually shows how to build a tool to pull the jet pump, I welded mine together with some scrap box tubing.

when you pull your jet pump out, do you disconnect and pull the drive shaft from the inside of the ski or does it give way near the impellor and stay intact?

Thread Information