Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    +1

1996 Sl700 Title and hull paint questions.

I just picked up a 1996 SL700 for 200 dollars with a trailer about a month ago. It is in rough shape and needs a top end rebuild, none of which concern me. I bought it from the guys son and since he was too young to title it under his name at the time, it went under his dads name. I got paper work filled out with all of the sons info, license and everything just to be sure. He said he would have his dad file for a copy of the title to transfer it to me. Well i havent gotten any response and im wondering does anyone know how i can get this thing titled and get tags for it??? I live in South carolina currently but have access to a minnesota dmv or states around SC. I was wondering if i could try to select title new water craft and registration. http://www.dnr.sc.gov/boating/forms/pdf/Application.pdf (Application). Also there is like blue paint on the hull that looks like it was brushed on and where it has flaked off there is a shiny white coat under it. Im thinking they painted over the original hull. Is there a food way to taken the blue paint off without harming the original white gel coat?

Thank you Green Hulk!

+1
    Does South Carolina need a title from previous owner or a bill of sale or both? find out exactly what you need before you stick any money into it, worse case would be you will never get anything from the previous owner & have to part it out, but you surely can get your money back in parts if necessary.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    +1
    Requires a bill of sale from previous owner. Well ive heard that you can bring the information to the magistry and theyll run an ad and check to see if its stolen then give you a title. Yes i could get my money back in parts but I would much rather get it running!

Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    Does South Carolina need a title from previous owner or a bill of sale or both? find out exactly what you need before you stick any money into it, worse case would be you will never get anything from the previous owner & have to part it out, but you surely can get your money back in parts if necessary.

Thread Information