Thread: Foggy Question?

Foggy Question?

Hey all...the HP bug bit and traded my '07 250 for this 300x beast...6hr. on the clock so far and loving every minute....totally different ski...anyhow..what about fogging after every ride? i have to admit never fogged the 250...had 200hrs. on it and ran strong..fastest stock 250 of any I raced from the hole shot to wfo...so the boost was always strong...maintained the SC well fresh SC oil every season..a belt.. and thats it. So is there not enough blow by in the 300 to lube up the rotors...did have to clean the IC once after dealer way overfilled ski. So I guess my question is Kawasaki just covering their butt with this requirement? I don't want to pull the IC every 10hrs. to clean it from fog build up as most of my riding is rec. offshore. I do ride hard and the ski does not sit for long periods of time. So what about people saying their rotors are chipping already from heat?

Another quick one...I did have a hard start one day in the water..does burping the throttle before shutting her down help this?

Thanks for any input sorry if this is re-hashing an old thread..I searched and could not find a good answer.

Big smile on my face so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawabunga View Post
    So what about people saying their rotors are chipping already from heat?

Another quick one...I did have a hard start one day in the water..does burping the throttle before shutting her down help this?
    > If you ride often like a few times a month, fogging is not really needed. But make sure you do that before a winter storage. Corrosion occurs when things are not moving.

> Rotors chipping? Where did you hear that? I'm wondering how because they don't touch anything.

> Hard starting - Yes, blip the throttle before you shut off the engine on water. And blip after you put the ski on the trailer at the ramp. And blip again after you get home. You want to get rid of water in the cooling/exhaust system as much and as often as possible.

> IC oil cleaning - There should be less contamination as the engine gets broken in and the ring seals improve.

Banned User
    +1
    Congrats on the new ski. Where do u ride. ?

fire... I ride in the West Coast Florida.... Clearwater south to St. Pete and North to Anclote sand bar

+1
    Hey Man - Me toooo.

We should get together sometime.

Last time we launched at Bellair Beach Causeway, and headed North to Sheppards, and then to the Dunedin Cauesway.

Ed

PS - what color ski did you get?

Hey Ed...I may pop in at sheppards from time to time for a breather if its a snotty day in the gulf....I gota blue one.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawabunga View Post
    fire... I ride in the West Coast Florida.... Clearwater south to St. Pete and North to Anclote sand bar
    Cool congrats on the ski there's lots of riders in FL

Thread Information