Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    432
    +1
    9

    Fogging oil killing wideband sensor?

    Just wonder how people have gone running a wide band sensor and fogging their skis
    mine being a 2004 i fog it after every ride, and well my wideband sensor has just shit the bed after about 3months and maybe 5hrs use.

    the sensor is welded into the j pipe and the j pipe has been pressure tested.

    cheers


  2. #2
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Just wonder how people have gone running a wide band sensor and fogging their skis
    mine being a 2004 i fog it after every ride, and well my wideband sensor has just shit the bed after about 3months and maybe 5hrs use.

    the sensor is welded into the j pipe and the j pipe has been pressure tested.

    cheers
    why wouldnt you just weld a bung on the j pipe instead of welding the sensor direct to the j pipe?

  3. #3
    i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    432
    +1
    9
    [QUOTE=Region8Ultra250X;1971551]why wouldnt you just weld a bung on the j pipe instead of welding the sensor direct to the j pipe?[/QU
    well yes, theres a bung welded to the j-pipe of course
    and the sensor goes in to the bung

  4. #4
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    [QUOTE=cracker;1971751]
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    why wouldnt you just weld a bung on the j pipe instead of welding the sensor direct to the j pipe?[/QU
    well yes, theres a bung welded to the j-pipe of course
    and the sensor goes in to the bung
    Well.... Can you not take a few minutes to remove it and put the plug in hand tight and then remove the sensor totally from the boat and free air calibrate it when you go to ride again? Seems like this would be the logical solution to the sensors going bad. Also, when you pull it out of the water, do you rev the engine until the water is out of the water box? If not, it will condensate onto the sensor killing it a lot faster.... Just a thought....

  5. #5
    83.0 @ 8400 jhill19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teays Valley, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,800
    +1
    81
    +1 It'd be less expensive to do this as well

  6. #6
    i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    432
    +1
    9
    what a nightmare! surely everyone doesnt do this?
    remove the sensor and stuff about everytime? might be worth not running the wideband all the time set it and only put the sensor in every so often

  7. #7
    i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    432
    +1
    9
    [QUOTE=MSRXP;1971767]
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post

    Well.... Can you not take a few minutes to remove it and put the plug in hand tight and then remove the sensor totally from the boat and free air calibrate it when you go to ride again? Seems like this would be the logical solution to the sensors going bad. Also, when you pull it out of the water, do you rev the engine until the water is out of the water box? If not, it will condensate onto the sensor killing it a lot faster.... Just a thought....
    very anal when it comes to cleaning the ski yes, always blast the water out, run on hose(after salt) fog and spray with inox

  8. #8
    Sayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne AUS
    Posts
    2,300
    +1
    134
    Mine is still kicking after 3 seasons, 60 hours and regular fogging. I don't think fogging is your issue but what oil are you using to fog?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    1,237
    +1
    10
    Take the sensor out or quit fogging every time. I starting mine this spring and fogging oil from the winter trashed it. I took ot out over the winter also.

    They dont like oil

  10. #10
    i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    432
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    Mine is still kicking after 3 seasons, 60 hours and regular fogging. I don't think fogging is your issue but what oil are you using to fog?
    have been using nulone 2stroke jet ski oil...
    how ever that ran out and last time i used 2stroke mower oil... how ever the issue predates this by months.

    the sensor just read lean 22.4 all the time, before that it was showing a error which meant faulty sensor, its usually at 22.4 or just jumps all over the place

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Kawasaki silicone spray vs fogging oil
    By axelderhund in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 01:17 AM
  2. Spraying Fogging oil w/ riva intake on VX 110
    By Powder Keg in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 05:30 PM
  3. best fogging oil??
    By lextoy in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 03:36 AM
  4. fogging oil
    By andy95'slx780 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 01:31 PM
  5. Fogging oil
    By BBCaprice in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •