Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Intake Manifold Isolator

Has anyone installed this on their 1.8L? If so, have you seen/felt/documented any improvements?

+1
    It moves the intake a couple of millimeters away from the block? Seems like I did something similar on my STX-R way back when with no perceivable gains, but that was a two stroke engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    It moves the intake a couple of millimeters away from the block? Seems like I did something similar on my STX-R way back when with no perceivable gains, but that was a two stroke engine.
    That's not the reason for this isolator. It's to insulate the intake manifold away from the hot engine.... keeps from heat soaking the aluminum manifold. I use this on my skis also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    That's not the reason for this isolator. It's to insulate the intake manifold away from the hot engine.... keeps from heat soaking the aluminum manifold. I use this on my skis also.
    Right. Less heat transfer to the manifold allows for cooler air to enter the engine. Was just curious if it added any performance, but if its strictly used as an insulator, it cannot be much.

Correct me if I'm wrong. thx

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Right. Less heat transfer to the manifold allows for cooler air to enter the engine. Was just curious if it added any performance, but if its strictly used as an insulator, it cannot be much.

Correct me if I'm wrong. thx
    You are right, gains are minimal. These are great for racers that don't want heat soak to reduce their performance while the ski is sitting between motos.

+1
    BOOM....WE HAve a winner.
    Just buy one..They are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You are right, gains are minimal. These are great for racers that don't want heat soak to reduce their performance while the ski is sitting between motos.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    As I said in another thread....the isolators dropped the temp of the manifold about 20* and each 10* of temp change is worth about 1 hp......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    As I said in another thread....the isolators dropped the temp of the manifold about 20* and each 10* of temp change is worth about 1 hp......
    What did the IAT's drop to? Intake manifold temp has absolutely nothing to do with HP directly. Intake air temp does. But since the exposure time of the intake charge to the intake manifold is so short, that 20* drop might only correlate to 2-5* temp drop in IAT.

+1
    This part will make your ski more consistant rather than giving it a speed gain...

I run a big oversized radiator on my banshee which doesn't do anything for horsepower.. But when you race over and over again up comp hill in the sand it makes a big difference in real world performance. My bike is consistantly fast.. Even in hot weather while other bikes are squirting coolant into their overflow tanks

+1
    As Jerry mentioned, they really aren't gonna be much use for a rec rider, especially on a SC'd ski because the cool air charge from a good intercooler is gonna take the heat out of the manifold pretty quick. It might be worthwhile for a racer who wants every bit of power possible on the holeshot after their ski sits between heats. I bought one for my SHO, but decided not to use it & keep it for my next project. I figure it might help a little racing at the H-drags while I'm sitting between races. Also, anyone running one on a big boost ski should probably consider replacing their stock hardware with longer bolts & studs to compensate for the width of the isolator.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information